1995 harnesses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rbworsham

Reaction score
Hello I’m new to the group and praying I can get some help! So I bought a 1995 Chevy C3500 454 automatic 2wd dually, I’m in desperate need of the engine and transmission harness. When I bought it I was told I could find it at Summit but they didn’t offer one. I’ve been all over the place looking for one for two weeks with no luck so if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hello I’m new to the group and praying I can get some help! So I bought a 1995 Chevy C3500 454 automatic 2wd dually, I’m in desperate need of the engine and transmission harness. When I bought it I was told I could find it at Summit but they didn’t offer one. I’ve been all over the place looking for one for two weeks with no luck so if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Donor truck of same year, engine, and transmission type are about your only real hopes without spending a fortune on new-old-stock or custom made. Whoever told you Summit has one almost surely knew they were misleading you.

A 1995 C2500 or C3500 can be found with the harness you need, and the K2500/K3500 would likely be so close it wouldn't matter (the speed sensor wiring from the K might need a little modification.)

1995 is the only year I would look at because it is truly a ******* child with many one-year-only differences from the other years. Last year for TBI engine, first year for new style interior but more importantly first year for 4WAL on the pickups (SUV's had it from 1992 but trucks were RWAL only), and first year for PWM TCC on the transmission.

You could *maybe* modify a 1994 harness to work but it may be more hassle than it's worth; I'd try finding the 1995 first. You could try looking on car-part dot com. I searched using Little Rock zip and found 2 1995's with 7.4/auto combination; your specific zip might find more.

Richard

Rbworsham

Reaction score
Donor truck of same year, engine, and transmission type are about your only real hopes without spending a fortune on new-old-stock or custom made. Whoever told you Summit has one almost surely knew they were misleading you.

A 1995 C2500 or C3500 can be found with the harness you need, and the K2500/K3500 would likely be so close it wouldn't matter (the speed sensor wiring from the K might need a little modification.)

1995 is the only year I would look at because it is truly a ******* child with many one-year-only differences from the other years. Last year for TBI engine, first year for new style interior but more importantly first year for 4WAL on the pickups (SUV's had it from 1992 but trucks were RWAL only), and first year for PWM TCC on the transmission.

You could *maybe* modify a 1994 harness to work but it may be more hassle than it's worth; I'd try finding the 1995 first. You could try looking on car-part dot com.

Richard
Thanks a lot for the information, I clearly chose the wrong year to buy with engine fire damage. Hopefully I’ll run into one soon!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the information, I clearly chose the wrong year to buy with engine fire damage. Hopefully I’ll run into one soon!
I was adding my edit at the same time you were posting, so in case you didn't see this: You could try looking on car-part dot com. I searched using Little Rock zip and found 2 1995's with 7.4/auto combination; your specific zip might find more.

Richard