1995 GMC K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That sounds like some good advice to me. I'll probably just replace all the fluid. Also, I'll check to see if I need the g80 locker in the truck. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!
No problem always happy to try and help, I actually just found out that if you have the g80 you do not need to add a friction modifier, I thought you had to but the internet informed me wrong until i was informed by some fellow members here that it doesn’t need a modifier
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ado-10-4051/
i have the g80 and this is the fluid i’m using its the cheapest i could find sorry for the misleading info

Trevor Floyd

Reaction score
Thanks for the update @White96k2500 . No worries about the modifier info. Question for you guys... I finally bough an ALDL cable and I have been recording data the past few days. The problem is.. I don't know what correct looks like. For example, my Knock retard stays at zero except for some blips every once in a while. I'm assuming those are just noise.. but maybe not. Also, my O2 voltage fluctuates back and forth between .9mv and .1mv... basically, do you guys know where I could go to compare my data?
You must be registered for see images attach

Trevor Floyd

Reaction score
Here is the new alternator wire I threw in. It's a 6 gauge with a 200 amp fuse connection point on the firewall. The hard part was getting good connection with the battery because I have those stupid bolts that your screw into the terminals. I had to cut out a slot in the rubber grommet on the bolt so I could mount the new alternator wire.

Trevor Floyd

Reaction score
alright guys... it's been a while. So I found a 1999 K2500 for 3 grand. New transmission, fuel pump/line, but the engine has a knock. No idea if it's as simple as spark plugs or something more. I don't mind doing an engine rebuild (replace seals, piston heads.. etc). I have a couple questions that hopefully somebody can help me out with.

Do the cylinders typically need to be bored after an engine knock is present?
Would it just be better to replace the engine all together?
DO you have any good suggestions for 5.7L V8 Vortec crate engines?

What do you think?

Trevor Floyd

Reaction score
Alright, I've had some time to work on the truck. I ended up not getting the newer chevy. in the past 10 days I've replace the main driveshaft U-Joints, Distributor Cap, IAC Valve, and AC Clutch. The engine sounds significantly better after replacing the rusty AC clutch. And my AC works...so that's a plus.

Today I'll work on the timing. Last time I checked it, it was at -4 degrees. So I put it to zero. That helped a lot, but I'm still getting some shake between 40 and 55mph. So I'm going to try advancing it another 4 degrees. I'm pretty certain it's chain stretch that I'm compensating for and I should just replace the timing chain. But that's a problem for another day. Also, I'm going to replace the front driveline U-Joints this weekend.

Trevor Floyd

Reaction score
Well fellas, I sold her. I got her running nice and smooth, but needed something I could fit my three kids and two dogs in (4 doors). So i sold the old k2500. I'm still sad about it. I'm positive I'll get another one someday as my runaround truck. I bought the truck for 1700, put about 700 into it and sold the truck for 2900. Thanks for all the advice guys and help fixing up the truck.