1995 GMC C2500 ECLB on the lot Amboy IL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope you understood correctly. I’ll have to look into this, that would make sense. It doesn’t do it often and sometimes I don’t even notice it’s done it. Thanks for that info!

My father had a 1995 K1500 SCLB 350TBI 4L60E w/ 3.73 gears, stock wheels / tires.

I tweaked the ECU:
- changed shift points just a little bit here and there,
- changed the throttle enrichment to engage without delay,
- disabled EGR, and
- maybe other minor stuff

That truck drove nicely. I always enjoyed borrowing it from Dad.

Eventually the 4L60E died (sun gear broke away from the sun shell… it still drove but no 4th or reverse) so we sold it to a friend in Saginaw MI (I drove it over there using the failed trans, no problemo) and he had the trans rebuilt. AFAIK it’s still on the road.

The steering was pretty “heavy” on that truck and as Dad got up in years he found it difficult to drive / steer, so I had a competent rebuilder tweak the spool valve on it to lighten the steering. The results were very worthwhile. Dad found it much easier to drive / steer and I liked it a lot better too… so much, in fact, that I had another gear (re)built the same way (same steering effort) for my Suburban.