1995 GMC C2500 ECLB on the lot Amboy IL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Only truck we've had with working 4wd is the 06 Denali, with AWD. In rain, like we're having today, it definitely makes a difference. Something else on that truck, since it's an 800 series with the tricolor taillights, you can have the emergency flashers on and it doesn't affect the brake lights. When you have to be driving in the rain, it's good to have the amber blinkers on all four corners, so everyone else can see you.
And in SETX,we rarely get more than heavy rain, so if it does snow and ice over, we just stay home cause everything closes.
That said, if it was closer to me, I would be interested in looking closely at this truck. Even though it's a 95....

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've been cruising through Amboy (IL) recently and this 1995 GMC C2500 showed up on a dealer lot.

I stopped today and took some pictures. The VIN is 1GTGC29K4SE502544 which decodes to a 5.7L C2500. The AC condenser looks new, the muffer and tail pipes look new. The sills on the bed have newly-installed black plastic "garnish" covers on them, which leads me to believe the actual sills are banged-up. The bed has seen some use but isn't atrocious. Interior is burgundy cloth.

The odo said 157,912. Wheels and caps look really good, there must be a story there. The hang tag on the mirror says "Utah truck, very nice $6,900".

There's some rust along the bottom of the passenger's side door. Headlights are bit cloudy but not yellowed, a body-shop buff would IMHO bring them back to life.

I didn't look under the hood.

It looks like a fun truck, but my wife would kill me if I brought home another vehicle.
Plastic bedliner junk, apparent replacement body side molding, and incorrect door emblems aside - it's not a shabby looking truck at all. Those little cosmetic things are easily remedied.

If that truck were just one year older for the previous interior style (gray please) and a 7.4 instead of 5.7... I'd be really excited. :p

Richard

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
...and the truck takes an entirely different character w/ 4WD in snow, it moves with grace and purpose. In 2WD it's a fish out of water.
^^ This!

I gotta say, thought, I don't have a 4WD vehicle running at the moment. Last winter, I got 100% stuck going uphill in a whiteout snowstorm that lasted all of 1 hour. In that hour, traffic came to a complete halt, and noone w/out 4wd could get up that damn hill. Myself included. I wasn't getting home until I got over that hill in the road. I was driving my 02 Bonneville.

Then, in that same instance, I started sliding backward down that hill, and there was a guy with SAME TRUCK I used to own, laughing in my face that I couldn't make it over the snow patch.

Pissed me off bad but what could I do but wait for PENNDOT to get off their a55es and salt the road.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@1998_K1500_Sub I bought this truck!!

You must be registered for see images attach

It is a great driving truck. I replaced the carrier bearing, trans mount, and picked up some rust free doors for it. I’m going to do the rust repair next year. It has been repainted at one point. There’s overspray in some spots. Fenders and bumpers were trimmed to fit larger tires, but they did a nice job. I have a new bumper for it. It runs and drives great. I got it for $6,500. Overall, I’m pleased. The motor was replaced at 125K miles with a lower mileage unit (88K I was told).

I’ve had it for 2 weeks and just happened to find this thread. Too funny. Nice to see another local member on here!

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first guess is that it's been repainted. It just has that look to me... and the newer non-GMC badging doesn't help.
You would be right. I bought it and there’s definite traces of overspray and orange peel. Thank god it’s white though, I can get away with it more easily.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@1998_K1500_Sub I bought this truck!!

I’ve had it for 2 weeks and just happened to find this thread. Too funny. Nice to see another local member on here!

Holy Che-It, I drove by Gerdis' lot in Amboy the other day and noticed it was gone :) I wondered where it went, sorta sad that it was gone but I knew it couldn't be mine.

How's the AC working? I noticed the condenser was new, wondered about the rest of the AC system but never had the chance to look under the hood. At least it was originally a R134a system, so there's no concern about a prior, possibly questionable conversion from R12.

I think it would look nice with a set of 8-lug take-off aluminum wheels from a GMT800/GMT900, but "that's just me".

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy Che-It, I drove by Gerdis' lot the other day and noticed it was gone :) I wondered where it went, sorta sad that it was gone but I knew it couldn't be mine.

How's the AC work? I noticed the condenser was new, wondered about the rest of the AC system but never had the chance to look under the hood. At least it was originally a R134a system, so no there's no concern about a prior, possibly questionable conversion from R12.

I think it would look nice with a set of 8-lug take-off aluminum wheels from a GMT800/GMT900, but "that's just me".
I found it on a Sunday while heading to Byron for drag races, went back Monday to get it.

The AC works good, blows cold but I think the recirculating function is messed up. Sometimes it will randomly start to blow hard like it’s on recirculate, and other times it won’t. The light is always lit up for it. I missed having AC.

Had the same thought about the aluminum wheels. I know they’d be easy to find.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The AC works good, blows cold but I think the recirculating function is messed up. Sometimes it will randomly start to blow hard like it’s on recirculate, and other times it won’t. The light is always lit up for it. I missed having AC.

That truck's a 1995. Does the AC automatically kick into recirculate mode if the AC high-side pressure exceeds some value? This happens by design on the 1998 and I think other 1996+ GMT400s. Perhaps it also happens by design on the earlier, 1995- R134a systems... the "random blow hard" might be it switching on the recirculation on this account.

Or did I misunderstand the symptoms?

Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That truck's a 1995. Does the AC automatically kick into recirculate mode if the AC high-side pressure exceeds some value? This happens by design on the 1998 and I think other 1996+ GMT400s. Perhaps it also happens by design on the earlier, 1995- R134a systems... the "random blow hard" might be it switching on the recirculation on this account.

Or did I misunderstand the symptoms?

Nope you understood correctly. I’ll have to look into this, that would make sense. It doesn’t do it often and sometimes I don’t even notice it’s done it. Thanks for that info!