1995 C1500 from scratch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've officially begun my project. I got this frame originally upon which to rebuild my existing truck, but it looks like I will be building a whole new one! Too many changes I want to do and yet I want my truck unsullied, so two there must be.

This frame is a 1991, but I will be building a 1995 on it. So far, the only difference I've found is the idler arm bracket.

Michigan Sandblasting in Redford did this blast and coat job. It's double layered and they were incredibly thorough, getting all up in the boxed portions to the last inch. I forgot one exhaust bracket though... oh well.

Cost me round about a grand for the whole job.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
Well... a brief rainstorm clued me into some areas where the PC was not quite enough, causing some flash rust. The shop has taken it back for a redo, no questions asked. I'll update as necessary.

Reaction score
I haven't updated in a while because there has not been much progress. The shop finished recoating the frame, and this time they left it out in the rain for a week before giving it back to make sure nothing rusted (i.e. they didn't miss anything).

I got handed some divorce papers in the meantime, so I can't afford to have 2 trucks, which means I'm going back to building my one on this frame as funds allow. (Gotta have something to do...)

I just replaced some body panels on the C1500, and I'm planning to fix my AC next (related), and then I can finally start getting the suspension put on this frame. Detroit Axle is not far from my house and I will probably get a lot of components there. I will be building it with 3/4 ton springs and a 4 inch spindle lift... and I'm planning on swapping over to the Chevrolet Performance SP350/357 engine and NV4500 transmission.

Of course, this will mostly be far. along down the road. Plans may change, I'm not very consistent.