1995/96 dash in a 1998.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I prefer the cup holder dash, but for appearance only. The cup holders are useless for anything other than coins.
Yup, the cupholders there are like the ones in the second row fold down armrest, only useful when the truck is stationary! Maybe some GM designer thought we'd all be going to a lot of drive in movies?
I use the fold out one on the dash unit for coins and other small things. They're too shallow to actually hold a cup when moving.....
But for in--truck eating they work.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
the pull-ones in the dash seem to hold cans okay as long as you are not offroading or driving like a maniac they might do alright with other drinking containers but actual fast-food cups not at all

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy it and sell it for $800 to someone that doesn’t know either lol (that’s the going rate in my area btw)
Na i won't do that to the forum members here.
The only reason im grabbing it because i want it and if im going to all the work to get it im using it:gmfs:
If i remember right there is a perfect maroon dash there also. Can't remember style.
I know the cupholders are useless for the most part i would be installing it purely for looks and as a bonus i do want to rebuild my heater box and change a dirty partly plugged evaporator.
Im also strongly considering trying my hand at leather wrapping it. I think it will be cool if i can pull it off!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When I had my '96 dually (Sneaker wrecker truck) I kept spare change in the slide-out cupholder, and clipped my cell phone to the side of it. That's about all it was good for. I kept my drink (Coke, in a can) in a koozie, in the center console front compartment.

Look at any 100 1995-up GMT400's for sale and you will see nothing but stains in the carpet of at least 75 of them, directly under that cupholder, from spilled drinks. :)

Richard

Another

Reaction score
Yes it will fit. Just make sure you get all the dash pieces. All obs dashes will fit with little or no modification, but what is interesting is a 2014 dash will fit too, with a few modifications ofcourse.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
the pull-ones in the dash seem to hold cans okay as long as you are not offroading or driving like a maniac they might do alright with other drinking containers but actual fast-food cups not at all
I've had good luck with the stepped diameter styrofoam to go cups (like Whataburger uses, but Circle K and some other quicky marts have these too in their fountain drinks). The 32 oz. size works best, the 44 oz. does well too as long as it's not top heavy. Of course if you're on rough potholed roads it might need a steadying hand especially with the bigger cups. If the 3 of us are out, I have my brother holding at least one cup(he gets shotgun when we all are in the truck). I also have a cardboard cup tray that can sit on the floorboard.

Reaction score
I am replacing my dash from a 1998 2 door Tahoe. Are the wiring harnesses compatible from 96, 97, 98 and 99? I'm just wanting to "plug and play".
Thank you.