1995 - 1998 Hydroboost Brake Pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toomanyhobbies

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t remember the tools but I remember it’s a PIA job. There is very little room under there. I got mine off a ‘97 suburban and not knowing what I was doing I took the steering column out to get to the last bolt. Took like 6 hours.

Get the 400 booster too. My mechanic put the rod from it in the 800 booster and it was relatively easy and is the cleanest way to go.

I went with the Little Shop rear disk kit which was a good value.

I am in the process of replacing the AC Delco (made in china junk) hydro ps pump with a performance steering P/S pump that operates at 1600 psi vs. 1200. Should give me what I want in terms of steering feel and brake feel, fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I am going to move all this info to my build thread later today so it doesn't get lost. I bought a AC Delco hydro pump new last night, I hope it isn't junk.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I got my pedal from the junkyard today. It already had the booster and steering column removed. Took 10 minutes, just removed the 7mm and 2 15mm bolts that hold a bracket in the way. Then the 18mm bolt through the pedal and I was done.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like you're closer to getting put through the windshield in a panic stop.