1994 K1500 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kris901

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Boo
New too this forum, got this truck on a trade hoping it would be a quick flip. Found out that the super lift was never re torqued and the rear axle was rolling upon parking due to loose U joints, took out the rear U joint, both rear hard brake lines (pinched between housing and leaf spring block mounts). Reset housing angle and torqued, installed new hard lines, new rear u joint, went ahead and did complete rear brake job while system was open, pulled axles and did bearings and seals and serviced the fluid, found out it had a new looking 4.56:1 ring and pinion set up in great shape. Front CV axles were out of the truck and the short shafts in the housing were held in by metal coat hangers. Previous owner attempted to install the manual front diff lock while unit was still in truck, pulled housing and installed everything correctly and put back with two new CV axles. Truck was running great for a few weeks and then the 3/4 clutches went kaput. Fresh full build all the normal upgrades and some custom valve body porting, external cooler installed as well as Derale cooling pan. Truck did great for about a few weeks and then coolant temp sensor was off and truck blew a head gasket and was over heating while showing normal temp and ran until cut off, when it cooled and I cut it back on it sent all the rod bearings on 1/3 and 2/4 straight to hell and back and then I got started on the L31 long block I got for free from father in law from a 96 Tahoe. Truck is finally about to run now, it has a 355 vortec long block now with some mild goodies installed converted to carb, still running the 4L60e since it has less than 1500 on the build using the stock TBI pcm to control the trans. Any questions just ask

Kris901

Reaction score
More pics

Kris901

Reaction score
Looks nice! What intake is that?
Pro computer dual plane for a spread bore, I’m gonna run a Holley 650 DP. It’s on the lower end of the spectrum for carb swap intakes but it should do fine, it’s a fairly mild build. I picked it up slightly used for next to nothing.