1994 GMC Sierra Sle w/tow pkg tire sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pk64f100

Reaction score
I would like to put on the largest width and height tire on my stock ‘94 Sierra it has 265/75 R16’s on it now with stock 6-lug rims. I like to drive on the beach for fishing other than that not much off road use. I would prefer a quiet tire but some noise it ok I do drive in snow in winter thanks any suggestions or experience would hel

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When my truck was stock I was able to fit 305/70/16 but you have to be careful about wheel choice because the more the wheels stick out the more it's going to rub.

I've had Duratracs, Patagonia MTs and Toyo RTs on the truck. The Duratracs were the best overall, especially for the noise level. The Patagonias worked well offroad and were cheap but were loud on road and didn't wear very well. The Toyos make all the noise of an MT without the traction.

Last edited:

m1970

Reaction score
When my truck was stock I was able to fit 305/70/16 but you have to be careful about wheel choice because the more the wheels stick out the more it's going to rub.

I've had Duratracs, Patagonia MTs and Toyo RTs on the truck. The Duratracs were the best overall, especially for the noise level. The Patagonias worked well offroad and were cheap but were loud on road and didn't wear very well. The Toyos make all the noise of an MT without the traction.
Duratracks are the way to go! I've had a couple sets and the have performed great and lasted very well.

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Duratracks are the way to go! I've had a couple sets and the have performed great and lasted very well.

Yep, I would have gotten them again if they made them in a 37x12.50r17 but I went Yokohama G003 (Toyo MT clone) this time and those have been good on-road so far, but I barely have any miles on them since the truck hasn't run in a while. They are definatley MT's but they are some of the quietest MT's I've ever heard.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Duratracs are great tires. I’ve ran them on work trucks but a co worker runs them on a 67 bronco and DRIVES it to south texas in the summer and runs the beaches then up to Colorado and runs trails with it, including black bear and several other well know trails. He says they are the best tire around.