1994 K1500 ECSB "The G Wagon"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I gave the story in my intro thread that I had a truck just like this that I bought brand new in '94. It was a Chevy in Indigo Metallic over Light Autumnwood. I loved that truck and was kicking myself a week later when I traded it. Fast forward to last December. I've been looking for another GMT400 that caught my eye for over 10 years now. This truck popped up on eBay just before Christmas. I asked the wife if I could reach out to the sellers via phone and she gave the OK. So, I called Colin King with King Corvetttes in Dothan, AL that had listed the truck. I made an offer and he accepted. My wife and I were on the way from Coastal Georgia the very next Saturday to pick it up. I think you guessed by now, the "G" is for the University of Georgia. I didn't just jump on the UGA bandwagon either after a natty! Our son is a junior at UGA and a great deal of my money goes to Athens, GA. :D

About the Truck:

*One owner out of Missouri.
*I have the original window sticker (and manual) that shows where the truck was delivered to and bought from in Iowa. Original dealership tailgate plate from the dealership still remains. I also have one of those old school rubber key fobs with the dealership name and address.
*Had 52,*** original miles on it when I bought it. It just turned over 59,000 miles now. Yes, I drive it daily.
*Everything is all original, paint, interior, rims, etc. Tires were put on by King Corvettes when they got it from the original owner. The original owner had used some bullet hole rims and different tires on the truck since new. Colin actually had the original rims with the Goodyear tires that came on the truck when new. I declined needing the original tires.
*The only aftermarket upgrades (before I took possession) are the chrome rocker trim, dual exhaust, and keyless entry.

What I'm working on:
*Right now cleaning up the underside. The underside was coated by the original owner, but there was some still some rust. I'm scraping off the rubbery junk coating, sanding, sealing the rust (Corroseal), and painting. You can see in the last pic some of my work already. We don't worry about road salt in South Georgia!
*I have new Bilstein 4600 shocks and U bolts for the leaf spring / axle to be replaced.
*I'll replace the factory radio with Retrosound receiver and their inline amp. Upgrade the speakers to Infinity and I have a powered Bazooka tube for under the back seat (not too much bass, but I like my music).
*More cleaning and detailing all the way around. The pics were taken without it being washed for a while and I've yet to even touch the engine bay to clean it up.
*I'm trying to keep the truck as stock looking as possible. No crazy modifications are in the plans.

Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0861.jpg
    IMG_0861.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0864.jpg
    IMG_0864.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0865.1.jpg
    IMG_0865.1.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Today's project. Scraping undercoating from frame (leaf spring and all brackets too), sanding, treating rust, and painting. Painted brake drum silver while I was at it. Getting ready for new shocks and rear ubolts this week.

Attachments

• IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 83

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Today's project, U bolt replacment:

Before:

You must be registered for see images attach

After prepping metal and removing rust:

Prepped rust with Corroseal and painted with epoxy frame paint:

Finished this side. On to the left side.