1994 GMC Sierra k1500 Hazard Flasher switch Neededfor inspection!! HELP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pk64f100

Reaction score
I am in desperate need to get my truck inspected and it will not pass because my passenger front hazard will not blink. I am confused and do not know why all 3 other hazards & turn signal lights work. Just this one front passenger light not blinking when hazards are on. Does anyone have a fix or know where I can buy a hazard switch? I don’t think it’s the switch since all others work but ACDelco does not sell anymore & I can’t find
How do I check if there is an issue with wiring or the light fixture I would appreciate anyones help this is stopping me from getting it tagged and titled in Drlaware
Thank you for your help! PK

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume you’ve confirmed the bulbs function correctly, e.g., during turn signal operation.

For at least the 1994 and later years, there are a number of connections that pass through that push button, press on press off hazard switch that sticks up through the steering column plastic.

You might try “working” that switch on / off many times to wipe its contacts clean(er), which may cause proper function to return.

The switch (the part of it that sticks up through the top of column, anyway) was available as a separate part at one time, but I don’t have the p/n handy to give you and I don’t know if it’s still available. I once used it to replace a damaged counterpart on a 1995 S10. In certain cases, this part saves one from having to replace the entire multi-function turn signal / wiper / cruise / hazard switch assembly in the column.

Of course the problem may be elsewhere, but for the moment that switch is what comes to mind.

In the past I’ve found / bought some of these parts on eBay, and I still have a couple 1994+ multi-function turn signal / wiper / cruise / hazard switch assemblies and one of the replacement hazard switches on the shelf just-in-case, as they were used on many models for many years. I’m sorry though, I can’t offer them for sale.

Try searching eBay using this, exactly as written:

multi-function switch (gm, gmc, chevy, chevrolet) (truck, s10, pickup)

Look at the results carefully to make sure they apply to your model.

Good luck

Last edited:

pk64f100

Reaction score
If you still have the hazard flasher switch I would like to purchase from you. I need immediatelly and will pay to overnight pkg I am trying to get my truck inspected in Delaware and this light is only thing stopping me from getting it past. Thank you! Patrick

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you still have the hazard flasher switch I would like to purchase from you. I need immediatelly and will pay to overnight pkg I am trying to get my truck inspected in Delaware and this light is only thing stopping me from getting it past. Thank you! Patrick

The parts I have are literally 1500mi way from me right now, and I can't help :(

Do as I suggested: Try “working” that switch on / off many times to wipe its contacts clean(er), which may cause proper function to return. Maybe in 10, or maybe 100, applications of that switch will return it to proper function. I doesn't talk long to just bounce it up and down, repeatedly, 100 times.

Otherwise, the entire switch assy appears to be available on eBay. You may be able to find those same assemblies elsewhere, as well.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I lied. I dug a little deeper, and I found that the switches I have are for 1995 and later; I had said 1994, which was incorrect.

I see THIS is available, but I don't know if it's what you need or not:

I suggest you look through the service manuals for your year and learn what you can. The manuals can be found in .pdf form, here:

Last edited:

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
I don't doubt that these switches fail, But form my own experiences it doesn't come to jump out as the logical cause. The fact that the passenger side of the harness is the furthest point from the source is. the ground on that side by the battery should be checked as well as the rest of the wires that cross the radiator support for damage from a front end collision that may have happened during it's many years of use.