1994 c1500 No 4th gear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tyler Gaudet

Reaction score
I purchased a rebuilt 4l60e and installed it myself. On initial notice of the new transmission it would shift into drive no problem. 1st to 2nd gear is beyond smooth and normal. Shifting into 3rd gear is also normal. When trying to shift into 4th gear I get to about 3500-3600rpms and it won’t shift until I let off the gas and re apply and then it will shift into 4th gear. Torque converter was new also when I put the trans. Trans fluid is normal also. I do have a check engine light on with codes 35 & 43. I am lost on where to go from here. Any help is great

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WHAT VEHICLE???

The 2-4 band engages to upshift from 3rd to 4th. The band also engages for 2nd, but it's applied by a different section of the servo.

I'd be looking at the servo for 4th gear.

There's also Shift Solenoid 1, which engages in 1st and 4th, but if first works good, it's probably not that.

Tyler Gaudet

Reaction score
I just edited the post. It’s a 1994 c1500 with 5.7 & 4l60e

I will check the servo out. 4th gear will engage but like stated not till it’s high rpms or you let off the gas