1994 4l60 to 4l80

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kujo3131

Reaction score
Hello, new to the forum but have been lurking around for awhile so I figured I'd join.

I currently have a 1994 chevy 2500 (6 lug) that the 4l60 decided it was done. I also acquired a 1994 chevy 2500 (8 lug)with a low mile 4l80 that I plan on swapping in. I have everything from the drive shafts to the flex plate to the translines, ecm etc.

The only part I have a question on is I have found the info to move the pins at the trans plug and I know I have to add two wires for the vss. But I'm having trouble find a pin out for the tbi ecms. Anybody have any info on this?
Thanks in advance
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Kujo3131

Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for the link, I pulled the donor transmission today. One thing I noticed is the 4l80 has a iss sensor will I need to pin that in too in order for the ecm to operate the trans?

No problem, welcome to the forum!

Yes, you will need to pin the two ISS wires into the appropriate connector at the PCM.

Kujo3131

Reaction score
No problem, welcome to the forum!

Yes, you will need to pin the two ISS wires into the appropriate connector at the PCM.
Thanks for the welcome. One last question the 80 that came out has a vss sensor and there is one on the transfer case, where the 60 that came out only has one vss on the transfer case. Will I have to also add that second vss?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. One last question the 80 that came out has a vss sensor and there is one on the transfer case, where the 60 that came out only has one vss on the transfer case. Will I have to also add that second vss?

That I'm not sure about... Someone else here will probably know though.

I went from a 4L60E to a 4L80E in my '97 C1500, but that was a 2WD so I didn't have a transfer case. The only thing I had to do at the PCM was add the two ISS wires, all the other wiring mods were done at the transmission connector.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should help you out ....

Kujo3131

Reaction score
Should help you out ....
I had read this write up too, thanks

I don't know if I'm over thinking everything (which I've been kniw to do). In his write up he uses a 7427 computer. I have in my pickup is a 7060 and the donor truck has a 6395. ( different connectors) so now I've been reading everywhere is the proms are even swapable?