1994 2door Yukon carbureted ls swap need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94yukon2

Reaction score
Alright so I’ve got a little 4.8l I’m getting ready to carb swap into my Yukon msd 6014 ign. And Holley intake. Truck is a 6.5td with a 4l80e also 4x4 plan is to keep the stock trans I don’t want to need new drive shafts is there a way to run the 4l80e manually I’ve read it can be wired to shift manually but I’m unsure of this any suggestions??

Also any tips on unforeseen problems would be great

To sum up self run ls with the carb and msd taking care of fuel/ign.

Mechanical throttle pedal and linkage

Manual controlled? 4l80e

Stock gauges (tach/speedo?)

Another question I have is the factory abs. Is that run threw the ecm or a separate computer seems like it’s gonna be an issue with the trans
Being manual

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright so I’ve got a little 4.8l I’m getting ready to carb swap into my Yukon msd 6014 ign. And Holley intake. Truck is a 6.5td with a 4l80e also 4x4 plan is to keep the stock trans I don’t want to need new drive shafts is there a way to run the 4l80e manually I’ve read it can be wired to shift manually but I’m unsure of this any suggestions??

Also any tips on unforeseen problems would be great

To sum up self run ls with the carb and msd taking care of fuel/ign.

Mechanical throttle pedal and linkage

Manual controlled? 4l80e

Stock gauges (tach/speedo?)

Another question I have is the factory abs. Is that run threw the ecm or a separate computer seems like it’s gonna be an issue with the trans
Being manual

the 4L80 can be shifted manually, depends on how u want to do it. Toggle switches or mech floor shifter.

ezstriper

Reaction score
I dont think running with no trans computer(if I read that right in your post) will work well at all, many things controled by ECM in the trans.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
You need a stand alone harness/ecu, or you'll have to put in a manual valve body.

Is the 6.5LTD dead? 2 door diesels are rare rigs, even more so as a Yukon.

VAMTuning

Reaction score
What @OutlawDrifter said, will be easier to make it a dumb non automatic 4-speed with a manual valve body, but there are controller kits out there to use. A Google search for "4l80e stand alone controller" showed options by USShift.com, painless or even a way to hack the GM 0411 computer. Depends on how much you want to spend in time and money to get it to work. I have a friend with a fully manual 4l80 in his truck and it's fun to rip on but annoying to try and drive civilly.