1993 Sierra "Abigail"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m actually really happy to hear you’re going to slam it and do it up nice! That interior actually looks REALLY good. I’m in the same boat you are in when it comes to wiring. I’ll never understand why someone can’t just leave it alone if they aren’t going to do it correct. SMH.
Thank you and yes, some people need to stay away from wiring lol.

Put the new grille in and the front of the truck is down, fenders where 33" before and are now at 26.5". Got 6.5" of drop in the front, the air dam and the bottom of the shock's are 3.5" from the ground. B*tch is low and I'm happy with how it's coming out. It's 13" lower than the x-cab, and has less ground clearance than my moms S5 lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

Still lot's of work to do and parts to order but she's coming along. Thinking about selling the 20" Irocs, getting a set of 22" ones w/ taller tires and putting tubs in the front. My only problem with 22's is they skate the line of looking ghetto, some trucks look damn good with them and some you can hear the mariachi music playing in your head when you look at them.
This truck (obs jp's) is what got me thinking about getting bigger rims.
84d56d3a-6505-482c-b87e-c822e041e588-jpeg.209926

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man! I’m probably going to do 22” American Racing TT2’s on my truck. I love the look!

Pics from Instagram
Those trucks look pretty sharp, and those would look good on your truck once it's finished.

Only thing better than a lowered truck is an even lower one!!
Lol this is very true.

Put the 20's up for sale to get the 22's. If they don't sell it's nbd they still look good on the truck.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to start working on the stereo while I wait to buy the rest of the suspension parts. I still have the hoe' and she has some nice stereo equipment in her I could swap out with inexpensive stuff and use in Abigail. An old school Alpine double din touch screen (quite fond of it for some reason, and would look better in this truck than a new android unit) and a mmats amp. Going to run the speakers off the mmats amp, the sub off the Alpine amp, and upgrade to a bigger alternate and another battery if needed. Should be a fun little project that's different than the usual. The speakers will end up being the 8" JL Audio sub box from the hoe', 1 8" Skar mid (thinking about adding a second), 2 Pioneer tweeters (7/8 I believe), and some Pioneer 4x6's for the dash, not going to be running the pillar speakers.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled it out of the garage for the first time in months the other week, didn't think it would clear the slope on the driveway, it was damn close.

Need to roll the fenders so the tires don't hit when it gets aligned, has some aggressive camber currently. Took it for a short ride, rode and ran pretty good, wasn't as bouncy as the burb, cleared speedbumps and the steep incline on the street.
13" lower than Betty

Started doing the body work, cab is coming along nicely but the bed is a different story. Pulled the bumper off to try and align the driver bed side, and apparently the back has been hit more than once. That corner had been rebuilt with a sheet of metal fiberglassed in and when it got hit again it bent that and the bottom corner of the bed. So that bedside is shot unless I want to do a bedshaver kit but not sure on that yet. If I can't find another stepside or replacement bedside in the junk yard going to swap it with a fleetside for the time being.

Need to get some more skim coat to fill in the low spots on the door then it can be painted, shot the fender. Came out pretty nice only has 2 stripes which is pretty good for being from a can, need to get a gun to do the rest of the truck. Has a mean look with the chrome, going to take the mirrors off the extended cab and put them on here after it's painted.

Going back to a GMC grille at some point, picked up some frosted corners for one.

Progress is slow but it's getting there, got what I have of the stereo equipment hooked up, also changing how I'm going to set it up. Going to make or get 2 boxes to go behind both seats that aim up to eliminate the pillar speakers and stick the sub in the middle, have the dash and rear speakers run off one amp and the sub off another (got another amp for free so might as well).
Saving the funds to get this truck done and on the road so I'm not going crazy with it yet (thanks Betty..). It'll be getting the front end rebuilt/finished, rear dropped, stereo system, a new compressor (squeals pretty bad) and paint since I had the title changed to say black. Hoping to have it done by summer but work hours have been low so I can't say for sure.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a little bit of a break from the bodywork to work on the interior some more. Decided to keep the wood trim since it hides a lot of the holes in the door panels and makes them usable. Refinished the wood and blacked out the inserts, looks pretty good. My door panels will be the same colors as this except the armrest and plastic trim will be grey.

Made it to the junkyard this past Wednesday, was a bit of a disappointment. They got bought out and the yard went down hill. Used to have the cars/trucks in rows by make/year/model with enough space to work between them, now everything is thrown together by domestic/foreign and packed like a sardine can. Was looking for a truck bed, only had 1 good fleetside but no decent tailgates and in the corner tucked with the Ford and Dodge's was 1 stepside I walked by twice before noticing. The bed, tailgate, and bumper were rusted out which was disappointing but the driver side bedside was better than mine so I got it.
You may be redneck if...

Is cracked through in 3 spots with a small chunk missing but better than mine and shouldn't be too hard to fix. The piece missing from the top front I busted off in the yard, don't think you'll see it once it's on but if so I'll cut that part off the old one and graft it together.
Also got the dash piece that goes over the cluster, the plastic is in perfect shape with no cracks.

The driver side of the cab is ready for paint, it's filled and mostly smooth. Had a hard time not sanding through the maroon paint, some of it was thin and some was chipping off when it was sanded, went over those spots by hand and they came out alright. She'll be a solid 5-10 footer which is an improvement lol.

Going to order the notch this week so I can finally get the rear down. Slowly getting closer to being on the street

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a lot done to the truck, Betty is getting jealous of all the attention I'm giving Abigail lol. Got the bedside fiberglassed and hung, stereo installed and rear notched. Fixing the bedside was pretty easy, need to get some more filler to finish the outside. She's about 80% ready for paint, have to finish sanding the passenger door, fender, roof and figure out how to clean up the back of the cab without pulling the bed.

When the old bedside came off I knew the rear step bracket was f*cked but didn't know how bad, the center section was missing, the rear was bent and the mounting point was also bent.

Smacked the mount with the sledge a few times to get it to line back up, but the previous hack job gets better with how they "fixed" the bedside.

All I have to say is why.

Got the replacement step bracket installed and the bedside on, the rear of the truck is finally straight.

Started working on the notch tonight, flipping the axle is all that's left till it's down. Have it on stands so the rear is about 2" higher than ride height but this is pretty much how she'll sit.

Had to cut the exhaust off since it wouldn't clear plus she's getting a roll pan and the tips stuck out too far, going to dump it before the axle and call it a day.

Sold the 22's off the hoe' to get the stereo, replaced the dash speakers, got 2 6.5's and boxes to stick in the corners and put a sub in the old speaker box. For $300 it sounds pretty good.

Shooting to have it done by the end of summer so I can start working on some other projects before reviving Betty next year.

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the rear finished over the weekend. The center of the fenders are 26.25 in the front and 27.25 in the rear with 40lb's in the helper bags and 1.5 lift shackles. Really happy with how it turned out, 6/7 gives it a mean stance.

Last edited:

Skeletal

Getting a bigger hammer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good sir!
Thank you

Took her out for a spin today, the ride is firm but doesn't bottom out which is great. Cleared the speed bumps and inclines just fine.