1993 K2500 Suburban - tow pig!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Crazy story, they're dead quiet down the highway and will run for 45-50,000 miles. I've installed a few sets on my other trucks.

Good to know. Must have a good compound to give them a blend between quiet and durability. Nice clean sidewall too, I like that. That's my only complaint with the Geolandars I run...sidewall isn't smooth.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Got the truck started yesterday (on ether), found all of my injectors were plugged with varnish and frozen shut. Ordered new injectors lastnight, should have em tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Decided since I was getting rid of a fancy brand new truck, I couldn't give up my Touchscreen radio, SiriusXM and backup camera. Ordered and received everything to do the above, today.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
"Old" sheet metal + new technology and engines is the only way to go!

I probably have a useable set of 5.3l injectors in the shop somewhere.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
"Old" sheet metal + new technology and engines is the only way to go!

I probably have a useable set of 5.3l injectors in the shop somewhere.

That was my thought, I'll also be alot more likely to actually use an older truck as a truck. I worked my new trucks, but always had to be cautious about dings, dents and scratches.

This 5.3 came out of a local farm co-op truck in Holton, it sat at Payless Salvage for 3-4 years before I bought it in April.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
The only thing I miss from my '17 F150 Lariat at this point is the AC seats...this winter will be the heated steering wheel!

Loving my 'Burb more everyday. I don't even miss a pickup bed.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
The only thing I miss from my '17 F150 Lariat at this point is the AC seats...this winter will be the heated steering wheel!

Loving my 'Burb more everyday. I don't even miss a pickup bed.

Oh boy, I forgot about the heated wheel and seats in my Ram. I suppose I'll just have to add heating elements to the seats in this truck!

The lack of a pickup bed has concerned me slightly, but I'm removing the 3rd row seat. So it'll basically be a truck with a camper shell. I'm excited to take it grocery shopping, we shop a month at a time, so we usually have a ton of groceries.

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Went ahead and dyed the the double din panel with Colorbond.

Colorbond blows the cheap parts store paint away. You cant scratch this stuff with your fingernail, it's an actual chemical bonded dye, not a paint.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
As far as I got tonight. I'll probably solder the harness up tomorrow after work. Still need to remove all of the OEM radio stuff from the truck.