1993 K1500 Double Din/ In FACTORY HOLE INSTALLED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Hahahaha well he can always try again with a new dash?

I better bow outta here before I ruin my reputation anymore than I already have.

I was raised that if you dont have anything nice to say than dont say anything at all.

Dont worry, I take pride in everything that I do, absolutely. But everyone has to start somewhere.

Take care guys!

No hard feelings and keep on trucking.

Al

BONEZ73

Reaction score
For those of u wondering WHY. Im sure anyone with the aftermarket put where cassete player was, can tell you. The GLARE. If your not in dark, i couldnt read the screen at all. Also now its easy reachable!!

I installed a double din with an install kit I think I got from Metra? There is a glare at times as Jus10inbrla mentioned but it is only a problem for me when playing videos. I can also see where being reachable might be an issue for some, but I am 6’6” and don’t have any issues touching the screen from the driver seat.

Even ith a cleaner install using the kit, I got some negative feedback from many on here. It’s your truck Jus10inbrla. Do with it what you want!

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Truck didn't have ac. Which in retrospect is ALWAYS a bad idea in Florida lol. No ac now in any of my trucks but here in upper michigan there is no need for it.

I was there in July and will respectfully disagree with you sir.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why does this remind me of the guy with the super hacked turbo setup on his truck.. it looked like.. man, I dunno.

Then as expected a few posts down in the thread he's got a pic of his oil dipstick saying, the engine made a milkshake for no reason

Ahhhh there it is https://www.gmt400.com/threads/turbocharging-a-tbi-350.37512/

Richard

Last edited:

78Monte

Reaction score
Here's mine..

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Looks pretty good man. I want that pioneer double din for my sierra! Of course it's a 98 and will fit. But its somewhat a pretty penny isn't it? I was about to pull the trigger on one a couple years ago but was hesitant to spend the money on a stereo I didnt need and instead got scammed on a chinese cheap POS that was never shipped. I got refunded but still...

Its hard to argue with something that just isn't working out for ya and I can totally see why it would be a pita down there. I probably wouldnt be able to comfortably reach it.

Is there a radio that's like 1.5 din with a screen? Lol

Al