1993 K1500 Double Din/ In FACTORY HOLE INSTALLED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyway back to original track . Heres the radio mounted. Im molding some sheet metal for trim / brace on speedo side now. But the right side is braced and bezel is for the most part installed. I may get another one and redo a clip but u cant see where i cut the dash bezel anymore

You must be registered for see images attach

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Hahahaha well if someone is going to say that they installed something and it looks better than they should post a pic.... otherwise what's the point in putting someone down and not showing their work. Do they not want to share ideas? Or are they worried that someone will put their install down.

I think it looks great man. I bet it functions even better. Like I said earlier in the thread.... it is a truck, not everything has to be pretty as long as it's pretty functional.

I had a 94 Burb and didnt like the radio or sound whatsoever. But it was a truck so I didn't do anything about it. My 97 Burb is completely stock and I plan on keeping it that way but i do want bluetooth. I may splurge and buy that $300 remanufactured bluetooth OEM radio. My 98 sierra has a single din pioneer deck, prolly 20 years old. Newer pioneer speakers all around. And I'm actually a cabinet maker.... so I made my first custom fit sub box under the back bench behind me. I did so without knowing anything about sound engineering.... I put 2 holes in it and that was a mistake apparently but it sounds great to me. It's made from prefinished plywood and dosent look too bad. I got a small pioneer amp, learned how to bridge it and hooked it all up. It sounds great for no knowing what the hell I was doing.

Anyways everyone has to start somewhere and not everyone has the same goals....

Cheers!

Al

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh i was waiting for you purists to arrive sorry my customizing doesnt conform to your keep everything factory mindset.
A picture is worth a thousand words. Your pic is worth two thousand words. Sorry man. While I can appreciate what you’re trying to do you really hacked that apart. You could of plastic welded the trim sanded and epoxy in place. That’s a horrible absolute great example of what not to do. I’m not a purist by any means. You seriously put your name on that?
You could of easily bought a double din faceplate and not f’ed up your truck.

That’s exactly right and my reasoning. It is a TRUCK. That sees ALOT of abuse. Not a mall crawler. Its a deer ******, hog trap haulin, pipeline ridin truck! I dont baby anything i own.

Sorry but that’s the stupidest reasoning I ever read. So what if it’s a truck....doesn’t mean you need to beat the f out of it and hack it apart. Here is one of my trucks. It’s 22 years old. And it’s in damn near perfect shape. I use it to hunt, tow, some project house/work, commute.
Just because it’s a truck doesn’t mean you need to kick the shot out of it.

Hahahaha well if someone is going to say that they installed something and it looks better than they should post a pic.... otherwise what's the point in putting someone down and not showing their work. Do they not want to share ideas? Or are they worried that someone will put their install down.

I think it looks great man. I bet it functions even better. Like I said earlier in the thread.... it is a truck, not everything has to be pretty as long as it's pretty functional.

I had a 94 Burb and didnt like the radio or sound whatsoever. But it was a truck so I didn't do anything about it. My 97 Burb is completely stock and I plan on keeping it that way but i do want bluetooth. I may splurge and buy that $300 remanufactured bluetooth OEM radio. My 98 sierra has a single din pioneer deck, prolly 20 years old. Newer pioneer speakers all around. And I'm actually a cabinet maker.... so I made my first custom fit sub box under the back bench behind me. I did so without knowing anything about sound engineering.... I put 2 holes in it and that was a mistake apparently but it sounds great to me. It's made from prefinished plywood and dosent look too bad. I got a small pioneer amp, learned how to bridge it and hooked it all up. It sounds great for no knowing what the hell I was doing.

Anyways everyone has to start somewhere and not everyone has the same goals....

Cheers!

Al

Ok... If you were a customer and a shop gave you that as a end product you are seriously saying that you would accept that as a finished product? Sorry but I’m gonna call bs on that.
Yet another “it’s a truck” so it needs to be beat to hell. Ok...well you keep driving your pile of beat up crap I guess

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
This is not for a customer though right.... I'm a perfectionist with everything I do. But sometimes you have to know where to let something slide.... someone else's work truck.... its not a show truck. None of my trucks will ever be show trucks though. I love these old trucks for exactly what they are and were.... built.... "like a rock". They should and will take a beating and I dont think we should have to worry about scratching the paint.

Al

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is not for a customer though right.... I'm a perfectionist with everything I do. But sometimes you have to know where to let something slide.... someone else's work truck.... its not a show truck. None of my trucks will ever be show trucks though. I love these old trucks for exactly what they are and were.... built.... "like a rock". They should and will take a beating and I dont think we should have to worry about scratching the paint.

Al

Well it doesn’t make any difference if it’s for a customer or yourself. Jesus take some pride in your work. What the truck is used for as a vehicle doesn’t matter. I hear a lot of it’s a work truck who cares. All that type of thinking tells me is I dgaf about anything, This type of person is the same type who does shoddy work and says can’t see it from my house. Dude I have 5 vehicles. All 17-31 years old with anywhere from 90 to 180,000 miles. They all are well taken care of and i don’t need to beat the **** out of anything. My old gmc has 396,000 miles on it. The worse part of it is the outside is faded peeling and has some surface rust on the roof. But it’s 31 years old. The interior is in great shape. I never felt the need to beat it up to show how tough it is. All I need to do is paint it fix a few dings and it’s ready to roll. But I’m planning on a full restoration.

Truthfully somehow driving some pile of **** doesn’t mean your truck is tough. Putting big tires a lift and bumpers doesn’t mean your truck is tough. It appears tough. That’s it. Going out overloading it or beating it to death I some swamp doesn’t mean tough. Your truck isn’t any tougher than the next truck. In fact it’s most likely to break because you treat it like crap.

to each his own. I don’t personally care that OP took a fire axe to his dash to make a double din stereo fit. But don’t come here and call it custom. I’m not sure if he was proud of his customization or what. But that’s not customization.

Last edited: