1993 K1500 Double Din/ In FACTORY HOLE INSTALLED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This thread reminds me of when I noticed the upper part of my ashtray had been carved on. " Started A Thread " I don't understand why the previous owner would carve on the upper part of my ashtray . I bought a truck and 95 and noticed it in 2019..... sounds about right

Eventually I'm going to delete the vents above the original cassette/ Stereo location and add a double den

There are definitely men with skills on this board, looking for to see in the finished product

No finished pics as I sold the truck almost immediately after stereo Install but worth the extra work instead if a kit...I matched profile from the side also, looked like it was designed with the rest of the dash

You must be registered for see images attach

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found sum more pics, got walk through video but the cloud won't give it back to me!

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh i was waiting for you purists to arrive sorry my customizing doesnt conform to your keep everything factory mindset.

I'm as far from a purist as it gets, and I agree with him. Don't post shoddy work online if you're gonna get offended when not everyone likes it :33:

78Monte

Reaction score
I went with a dash kit for my double din install it looks good to me plus I keep my ac vents which is important to me,

I still have not seen any custom double din installs in these trucks that look good IMO.. always poor fit, looks out of place, or looses the vents and this is on ones that are half way decent..

The one the the op posted is beyond bad.. I just couldn't bring myself to find that acceptable..

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did u not have ac ? Or blocked them off

No finished pics as I sold the truck almost immediately after stereo Install but worth the extra work instead if a kit...I matched profile from the side also, looked like it was designed with the rest of the dash

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks 75 times better now that its braced. Got a little more trim then i post final.

Damn everyone else on here posts progres pix and get praised. I post mine and its raw dog fest. Everything starts out like hammered dog **** at least once

I went with a dash kit for my double din install it looks good to me plus I keep my ac vents which is important to me,

I still have not seen any custom double din installs in these trucks that look good IMO.. always poor fit, looks out of place, or looses the vents and this is on ones that are half way decent..

The one the the op posted is beyond bad.. I just couldn't bring myself to find that acceptable..

90lsx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No more head unit for me