1993 K1500 Double Din/ In FACTORY HOLE INSTALLED!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it isnt a daily driver, .But i put a double din where the factory radio was. Most ppl told me it wouldnt work. Proof is in the pix! Yes its a hack job, but it will serve its purpose. Still got to brace it but its in !! Check itt

You must be registered for see images attach

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For those of u wondering WHY. Im sure anyone with the aftermarket put where cassete player was, can tell you. The GLARE. If your not in dark, i couldnt read the screen at all. Also now its easy reachable!!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty shade-tree, and that's not a "non-conformist" job, that's an "I'm too lazy to do it right" job. Put some trim around it or something to make it look nice if you don't want to hear the negativity. If you were "just waiting" for comments, you're not serious, you're just trolling. Put a little pride into it. We're willing to praise you for your work, if you take the time to make it look nice.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't going to say anything when I saw this yesterday... But man that is awful. The one saving grace is that it's a Dual brand double DIN so if it vibrates to death or falls out of the dash it's no big loss.

This is one of the worst installs I've ever seen and I feel sorry for that dash.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahaha well after all sometimes we gotta remember.... it's still a truck! Do yourself a favor and grab some thick rubber trim from somewhere, like the thick rubber weather stripping from a door and shove it around the top and right.... then take another pic and post it up. I bet it dosent look so bad then.

I'll admit I dont do much to make my trucks look better. I almost never do anything for cosmetic reasons alone and lean more on the practical side of things... but not always. This is very practical as long as the radio works and dosent fall out. LOL

CHEERS!

Al

Last edited: