1993 Chevy K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonG

Reaction score
So quick history, I had a 1991 Chevy k1500 4x4 Cheyanne when I was 16 and that's when love for the GMT 400 started. I'm 30 now and have had multiple platforms of the GMT 400 over the years. As of now I have a 1993 Chevy k2500 reg. cab long bed Cheyanne 4x4, 5.7L 350, 4l80e trans, 241 t/c, 9.25 front diff, 9.5 semi float rear diff, 4.10 gears, on 265/75r16

This was the ad I saw on craigslist a few years ago....

You must be registered for see images attach

Heres what it looks like now

Last edited:

JasonG

Reaction score
Ill start with the interior. It was tan with torn up seats, cracked dash, no head liner. The smell was a little rough as well.

JasonG

Reaction score
Chose to remove everything including the ENTIRE A/C system. Went through the wiring got rid of some things and made some repairs. Then removed all carpet and insulation.

JasonG

Reaction score
Ordered new (to me) dash from eBay, the guy did a great job with little repairs and painted it primer grey I used adhesion promoter and painted it Dupli-color gloss black and then I clear coated it just a little extra protection. Replaced the blower motor all the actuators, heater core and evap, sealed some gaps in the plastic for the vents

JasonG

Reaction score
Next up was the head liner...Trying to get one from the junk yard that's not water damaged or torn to hell only took going every sat for 2 months. Decided to wrap it in Real tree AP camo. Also the truck was a base model so it had no interior panels at all. I had some leftover parts from my previous 92 with Silverado trim and I installed those as well.

JasonG

Reaction score
Now on to floor and carpet. Ordered Cool it insolation its like dynamat for 1/2 the price I have used it in other projects and it works just fine. I will recommend if you want to go nuts use lizard skin its the best on the market IMHO. The new molded carpet came and had to be trimmed to fit use good scissors and you wont have any issue. Went with black to match the rest.

JasonG

Reaction score
Here it is as of right now its not quite done but its close got 2 or 3 more panels I need to find and interior is complete. when i get the rest ill post complete pictures.