1993 C1500 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well with the 'rona going on and not being able to go see my Sweetie plus having one week off from work and the weather being mostly nice I figured I might as well work on the truck doing preventative maintenance/fixing what was broken/make some upgrades. Finished the last major project this morning with the help of my two brats Besides servicing the engine and transmission and giving the engine a much needed tune up we changed the radiator/heater hoses, bled the brakes and a few minor other things. I fixed and upgraded the air conditioning to R134a. It was needing tires and I got lucky and found a guy that had factory aluminum rim's with almost new Goodyear Wrangler tires on them. We got every light working on it and I found a good used spare tire winch so the spare tire is back under the bed where it belongs. A nice set of Sony speakers and bluetooth radio from Walmart took care of the sounds. Although the seat wasn't in horrible shape a nice saddle blanket seat cover made it look nice. I also got lucky and found another guy parting out the same model year GMC, 1993, as this Chevy and upgraded to the nicer GMC grill. He also had the gauge cluster with the factory tachometer so I upgraded from the non-tachometer that this truck came with. The last major thing I got from him was full power doors and dash harness so I now have power windows and locks, as well as tinted side windows. I'm sure I forgot some small stuff but it's been a busy 4 weeks but now I'm very satisfied with this old girl My kids were actually pretty good helpers for once lol!

You must be registered for see images attach

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More pictures from today.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Wow.. If it weren't for the camper shell and GMC grille, this truck would be a dead ringer for my old 93 Fairbanks, AK truck. It was the exact same color... Only mine was a little more beat up lol.

TravisR

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! That's a lot of improvements.

How was the r134a conversion? What all did you do for it?

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! That's a lot of improvements.

How was the r134a conversion? What all did you do for it?

I bought the Rock Auto kit with pump, condenser and accumulator and then also got conversion fittings. I flushed and reused the lines and evaporator core. All in all wasn't too bad of a job.