1993 C1500 Silverado - Modernized Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought my wife a Jeep Wrangler when she graduated from college. She had wanted one for years. She drove it like 3 times. I ended up driving it just to keep things fresh. Horrible vehicles. Rode like ****. Got ****** mpg. Handled ******. I was happy the day we sold that thing.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my wife a Jeep Wrangler when she graduated from college. She had wanted one for years. She drove it like 3 times. I ended up driving it just to keep things fresh. Horrible vehicles. Rode like ****. Got ****** mpg. Handled ******. I was happy the day we sold that thing.
Jeep TJs or in this case an LJ (10” longer wheelbase”) are phenomenal vehicle. I put the right lift on it and it handled great. I had a blast owning and driving it.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. There's nothing better about a new Jeep than an old one that costs a third of the price. They look good and are great for a trail ride or booze cruise. They suck at anything else. That goes double if you're of above average size.

The green truck is way cooler! Digging the interior color choice as well.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This. There's nothing better about a new Jeep than an old one that costs a third of the price. They look good and are great for a trail ride or booze cruise. They suck at anything else. That goes double if you're of above average size.

The green truck is way cooler! Digging the interior color choice as well.

Off road, the Jeeps are hard to beat. Always entertaining. I watched this one burn to the ground at the Oklahoma sand dunes a while back.

You must be registered for see images attach

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working through the the plan for the refurb more and will try to post here as I can. I have a laundry list of items I’m trying to solve.

Today’s will be in reference to putting in the new seats: I have two sets because the first didn’t match the color. Was told they are tan when they’re really gray…they were just heated…which I was also told won’t function without the original truck’s BCM.

The second set w/center console is out of a Chevy High Country and are heated/cooled. Trying to solve the issue of getting them working. Here’s what I’ve found so far.

First thing I discovered (and then made more sense after looking at the Leatherseats.com system) is the heated vs the heated/cooled seats are totally different systems. The heated uses heating elements and the latter uses what they call a TED to change from heated forced air to non-heated forced air. If you go deep enough into the system the blower electrical connections are exactly the same as the Leatherseats.com…and their from the same company.
I’m going to get to the TED units next to see if that holds true as well. If so, there should be no reason why the Leatherseats.com switches and controllers won’t work for this solution.

I’ll update as I get into them further.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working through the the plan for the refurb more and will try to post here as I can. I have a laundry list of items I’m trying to solve.

Today’s will be in reference to putting in the new seats: I have two sets because the first didn’t match the color. Was told they are tan when they’re really gray…they were just heated…which I was also told won’t function without the original truck’s BCM.

The second set w/center console is out of a Chevy High Country and are heated/cooled. Trying to solve the issue of getting them working. Here’s what I’ve found so far.

First thing I discovered (and then made more sense after looking at the Leatherseats.com system) is the heated vs the heated/cooled seats are totally different systems. The heated uses heating elements and the latter uses what they call a TED to change from heated forced air to non-heated forced air. If you go deep enough into the system the blower electrical connections are exactly the same as the Leatherseats.com…and their from the same company.
I’m going to get to the TED units next to see if that holds true as well. If so, there should be no reason why the Leatherseats.com switches and controllers won’t work for this solution.

I’ll update as I get into them further.
Pictures of the blower.

Attachments

• IMG_8970.jpeg
    IMG_8970.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8971.jpeg
    IMG_8971.jpeg
    208.3 KB · Views: 10

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I'll be interested in seeing if you can get the heating and cooling working. I've got '16-'18 Denali seats in mine, and without doing any research, assumed I wouldn't be able to make that feature work.

Looking at Leatherseats website, I don't see any offerings that don't include their heating/cooling parts.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be interested in seeing if you can get the heating and cooling working. I've got '16-'18 Denali seats in mine, and without doing any research, assumed I wouldn't be able to make that feature work.

Looking at Leatherseats website, I don't see any offerings that don't include their heating/cooling parts.
They will sell them individually…just won’t guarantee they’ll work.

Moparmat2000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Appreciate the input…looking at my options. I’ve picked these seats up and I’m the kind of guy that “can’t leave **** well enough alone”…to quote my wife. The fun of the upgrades and to do them right is challenging to me and somewhat appealing. BTW…also picked up another set (no center console) that ended up being the wrong color…if anyone’s interested in doing something similar.
You must be registered for see images attach
The seats look great!!