1993 C1500 Silverado - Modernized Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good looking truck, that interior is mint.
Unfortunately the interior isn’t as mint as it looks in the pics. He was a smoker…I’ve deep cleaned everything and the smell is still there. The headliner is being held up with straight pins…his wife is a quilter. The dash components are mostly in good shape…the carpet is also trashed.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking real good! I got a 1993 from my Grandfather in law, and am in the exact same boat. It spend 2020-2021 sitting due to covid. I am working on sprucing it up then on to some upgrades and refreshes.

Looking forward to following this build.
Thanks…I’ll try to keep everyone up to speed.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice rig for sure. I would keep the factory seat. I have yet to sit in a newer rig with better seats.

I look forward to the long drives in my Suburban knowing how comfy the rid will be!
Thanks…my wife is a huge fan of buckets and I’ve found some 2014s that will blend really well. However, I’m proceeding cautiously and methodically.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sir, you have more self control than I, cause I would sneeze and have a 4/6 drop on that fine OSB! Please keep us updated on the progress. Just outta curiosity, what power plant you looking to do? Staying OEM, or is there an LS swap to come?
Yeah…I get it…it would look really cool. But this is going to be a bit of a sleeper and a daily driver and used for towing on occasion. I’m definitely going to level it out and probably add wheels and tires…thinking 18” wheels. I’ve added the RAS suspension on the rear to help with the towing. As far as engines…right now I’m staying with the 350. It runs great (with the tune-up) and has plenty of power. Eventually I’m thinking about upgrading to a 383 with fuel injection. I understand it makes a great balanced rig and is great for towing. However, we’ll see down the road a bit. Concentrating on the interior and the basic mechanics right now. I really love this truck!

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great truck, keep the interior....

There is almost more uniqueness in keeping things factory-like - especially starting from such a great base. LS swaps, interior swaps, etc are ubiquitous - and understandable if what you start with is trashed. Not the case here.

Your truck, your decisions, of course. Keep us posted on progress.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate the input…looking at my options. I’ve picked these seats up and I’m the kind of guy that “can’t leave **** well enough alone”…to quote my wife. The fun of the upgrades and to do them right is challenging to me and somewhat appealing. BTW…also picked up another set (no center console) that ended up being the wrong color…if anyone’s interested in doing something similar.
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife still laments the day I sold my TJ. She loved that Jeep, but it could only hold four and we bought a Suburban because we were fostering. I sold that Jeep eighteen years ago, and a TJ in the same condition today goes for more than I sold it for then.