1993 C1500 Silverado - Modernized Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello, I've been cruising through the threads and asking questions. Great group of helpful folks here and I already appreciate all the positive vibes!

I inherited this truck from my father-in-law late last year. It's very similar to my 1989 that I bought brand new a few vehicles back. His son and I were sent out to find him a truck in 1997...he didn't even want to see it. He said if it was good enough for us it was good enough for him. He drove it up until last year...now it's mine!

I've been getting the mechanicals up to speed...tune-up, starter, alternator, AC, steering (Red Head gear box & Cunningham steering shaft), LED lighting, etc. As soon as I sell my 2006 Jeep LJ I'll start gutting the interior, installing new 2014 bucket seats & center console, overhead console, carpet, headliner, stereo...basically the works. Then I'll start working on the dents and dings and setting it up for a repaint.

The goal is to make it a somewhat modernized daily driver. Not a lowered truck...but a solid, comfortable, good looking ride. I'll start posting things here as I work through them...hopefully it's helpful for others. I already love driving this thing around even with the imperfections.

Can't wait to share the progress with the group!
You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Cool looking rig, I like the two tones and different color combos. 400s have something for everyone!

Judman13

Reaction score
Looking real good! I got a 1993 from my Grandfather in law, and am in the exact same boat. It spend 2020-2021 sitting due to covid. I am working on sprucing it up then on to some upgrades and refreshes.

Looking forward to following this build.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Nice rig for sure. I would keep the factory seat. I have yet to sit in a newer rig with better seats.

I look forward to the long drives in my Suburban knowing how comfy the rid will be!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sir, you have more self control then I, cause I would sneeze and have a 4/6 drop on that fine OSB! Please keep us updated on the progress. Just outta curiosity, what power plant you looking to do? Staying OEM, or is there an LS swap to come?

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great truck, keep the interior....

There is almost more uniqueness in keeping things factory-like - especially starting from such a great base. LS swaps, interior swaps, etc are ubiquitous - and understandable if what you start with is trashed. Not the case here.

Your truck, your decisions, of course. Keep us posted on progress.