1993 C1500 Silverado - Modernized Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Continued progress: I’m 90% done and only have 50% to go!
- Refurbished door panels installed.
- High Country seats installed and power hooked up. Still have to hook up the power to the ventilated heating/cooling.
- New sneakers installed and new smooth wheel center caps ordered. You can see the effect of the 2” rear drop shackles and how it levels out the truck.
- Also, swing storage cases installed in bed. Still trying to figure out which bed cover…
Did you have much trouble hanging/mounting the swing cases? I have one for my crew cab, but haven't installed it yet. It needs a lock, and the truck has a bedliner., and I've had other, more pressing things to do to it.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you have much trouble hanging/mounting the swing cases? I have one for my crew cab, but haven't installed it yet. It needs a lock, and the truck has a bedliner., and I've had other, more pressing things to do to it.
It wasn’t hard at all to mount the cases. I used blue tape to mark the 1” up for the brackets, marked the holes with the self tapping screws, predrilled to a smaller diameter, treated the screws to help with corrosion and attached them. I think I’m going to like them a lot!

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
It wasn’t hard at all to mount the cases. I used blue tape to mark the 1” up for the brackets, marked the holes with the self tapping screws, predrilled to a smaller diameter, treated the screws to help with corrosion and attached them. I think I’m going to like them a lot!
Good to know, thanks! I got the case used at a swap meet last spring, and I'm going to have to source a lock for it before installing it. A locksmith friend was at the same meet and he had no lock that would fit in the hole. I like the concept of the swing/pork chop box because it makes good use of a hard to use space.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I might be able to help you out with the lock…let me check something tomorrow. Is it for th lid lock?
Yes. My locksmith friend said he had nothing in his mobile trailer that would work, and didn't think he had anything at his shop either.
I also need to get the diameter of the hole, and the box is not at home. I'll try to get that dimension in the next few days....thanks!

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Progress has been slowed a bit by life and cold wet weather in the Midwest. But, I am steadily working on tracing wires in the new center console and getting it ready for installation.

- Took apart as much as I dared to make these mods easier as well as the install.
- I changed out the stock phone charger on the armrest for a QI charger from Boost Auto. Easy installation and works great!
- Traced all the wires to determine what I’m going to use and what I’m not.
- Took out the 110V plug, USBs & cigarette lighter plug in the exposed panel and replaced them with Nilight voltage indicator, triple USBA/C charger and installed the seat heating/cooling switches from my leatherseats.com system install.

Next is to run the new wires/circuits and get it ready to install in the truck. It will also be the home for the new power distribution blocks & fuses for everything I’ve added. Then I’ll be installing the Viper alarm/remote start system and cleaning up a few electronic glitches before I put the center console in and start to wrap things up.

Attachments

• IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    293.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1503.jpeg
    IMG_1503.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1152.jpeg
    IMG_1152.jpeg
    381.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1151.jpeg
    IMG_1151.jpeg