1993 C1500 ECSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Well yesterday at about 2:00 am when I was leaving my buddy's house my headlight switch decided to fry itself.
My dash lights cut off but I knew my switch was funky sometimes so I tried to fiddle with it and found out very quick that it was stuck on. But i didn't have parking lights unless I put a lot of pressure on it. So long story short I held the switch the 12 miles back to my house and then when I got home I pulled out the switch and D/C the battery just in case.
Checked the switch out and it had melted the plastic around one of the prongs and had pushed some of it out one of the holes. Smelled awful. One of the little contacts on the inside was completely black so it must have done something serious.

Anyway I robbed one out of my uncle's truck to get me going while I figure out what I'm gonna do because when I was holding pressure on it I managed to break all the screw tabs on the backside of the face bezel so now I REALLY need a new face bezel. The switch is just kind of dangling in there right now.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
So update on everything I finally got a new gauge cluster bezel piece and also a new HVAC control box.
I'm in the process right now of modifying the new bezel for everything I need. I drilled out a hole for my switches and I'll finish vinyl wrapping it tomorrow. I already swapped out the lens for the screen on the HVAC box to blue and also vinyl wrapped it.
The switch I took out of my uncle's truck is pretty crappy and halfway works, luckily I got a new switch with the bezel.
Tomorrow I'll swap everything over and get it all installed.

Here's some pics of the HVAC box after I swapped lenses and wrapped it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure you thought of this but while you are obtaining switches, I hope you are picking up an extra for your uncle to swap out the crappy one that may fail on him at any time !

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Finished up the bezel today, got the wrap done and painted all the switches to black. I'll probably go back and try and draw some symbols or something in white and make them look kind of like they did before.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Well haven't really done anything to the truck lately.
I've invested a lot of time into working on my two 4 wheelers and three wheeler.

Today though I charged my A/C again.. seems like I have to do that every year. However I knew that it was leaking but I thought it was the O-ring around the switch on the compressor. Turns out the whole pressure switch was leaking, so I ordered a new one and slapped it in then charged it up and we'll see how long that lasts.

I ordered a Zephyr metal polishing kit and went and got a cheap regular style polisher from HF also. Plan on polishing most of the metal on my truck. Zephyr is supposedly a great quality brand so I'm gonna try it out and see.

My rear brakes are still leaking and my power steering is still leaking. Need to do those at some point.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
Welllll I haven't done anything in a while, I haven't had any problems and I've been working on other small projects.

However starting last week it seemed like my transmission was acting up. Weird noises in 1st, shifting funny, No OD. Well it's just gotten worse. Now it'll just shift all over the place, the engine surges real bad with constant throttle, no OD, if I stop it won't catch a gear (I can't move in R or D). BUTTTT If i shut the truck off and crank it back up it basically resets everything until something will just randomly act up and it'll throw the whole thing off again. So at this point I'm 99% convinced it's an electrical problem. I ordered a TPS to start with because I have a chinese knock off currently and I want to rule that out. I already swapped computers to make sure that wasn't the problem and it wasn't. If the TPS doesn't help I'll either take it to my buddy's shop for him to look at or the transmission place.

So for right now I'm driving my Toyota truck and letting the chevy sit so I don't end up grenading the Trans if it's not mechanical.