1993 C1500 ECSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thanks man, I get a lot of compliments about it. I did a 2/4 because I didn't want to lose my drive ability but wanted to close some of the gap between the fenders and top of the tires. When i retire it as a daily i'm definitely slamming it.

Of course the first thing most people here is MS say is "WhY dIdN't YoU lIfT iT" because apparently it's a law to only lift them lol

I like to use my truck, or at least be able to, in a way that lowering it a lot or slamming it would hinder the performance. It was lifted 4", now it's stock. Thought about 0/2", but I change my mind so often, I'm waiting before I jump into anything lol

Regarding your last post, I'm pretty sure your rotors are on the wrong sides

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I like to use my truck, or at least be able to, in a way that lowering it a lot or slamming it would hinder the performance. It was lifted 4", now it's stock. Thought about 0/2", but I change my mind so often, I'm waiting before I jump into anything lol

Regarding your last post, I'm pretty sure your rotors are on the wrong sides

Yea I don't really have to use it for "truck" stuff that much because I have other vehicles I can use for that.

The rotors were marked from summit L and R so that's where I put them lol.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I got curious so I looked it up and all I could find was that as long as the rotors have straight vanes then they can be bi directional.
The only time it really really matters is if the vanes are radial.

Rotation direction is supposedly defined by vane direction and not slot direction.

Mine have straight vanes so it should be fine.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I seriously get the comment all the time "Your truck would be perfect if you would lift it"

I have it set up as a street truck... how would that look good? It's pretty sad that some people can't wrap their heads around lowered trucks and why they exist

Definitely not against lifted trucks or owning one but if I lift it I want it to be 4wd so I can fully utilize it. 2wd's will always be street trucks for me :head3:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It is so much easier to work out of a lowered 2wd as well. My shop truck is a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 2wd and the bed height is taller than a stock GMT400 4wd. It sucks.

RQ Jay

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alright I never posted from the other weekend because I was pretty busy and then out of town as well.
I got my rotors replaced and everything else and wow are they amazing! My pass side was the only one that was warped and causing some terrible shaking under braking.

Sorry for dirty pics but this was right after I did them and had not washed it yet.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Also when I was just uploading those pictures I noticed I was missing a screw in my center cap... I have no idea why that's missing or where it could have went... hm..

Anyway, So far I would recommend these rotors. They're Summit's brand of Drilled and Slotted Rotors and they're about $75 a piece. I combined them with some Powerstop Ceramic Truck and Tow Pads. It's definitely a great combo and they will stop pretty fast and hard. I was also having trouble with my front's locking up in the rain and so far that has not been a problem either.
I really think I need a pass brake line too because the pass side pads drag a little, but not as bad as before I replaced the rotors. Preferably I would just do both lines and both calipers and have that out of the way.

Summit D & S rotors for 1/2 ton 2wd: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-BR-66011LC and https://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-BR-66011RC
Powerstop Ceramic T & T Pads: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009FRTNHA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for posting this, I am considering updating the brake system as she does not stop as fast as I would like/feel comfortable with. Im not a fast driver, but just feel like it stops a bit slower than I would like... This is also my first truck in 25 years of driving, so I cannot expect it to stop like my caddilac.....

I am also considering a low profile cowl hood, any recomedations?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
@RQ Jay My dad got a 2" cowl hood from Brown's of Two Rivers for a truck he is working on. It seems to fit pretty good, I would rather trust Brown's or LMC more than some cheap hood off of Amazon or Ebay.