1992 Silverado needs a boost. Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SentandBent4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m looking to lift this bad boy three or four inches, suspension lift, not body. I was looking at the Torch Off road 3inch lift, and it’s a good bit cheaper than the rough country one. I’m going with rough country shocks, but I can buy those separately if I get the Torch lift. Does anyone have any experience with either lift, or know of a better option? Trying to stay under $800, but I’d like to be more around $600. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 74E85413-1EDB-4A9B-8A81-1FDF3A3E542B.jpeg
    74E85413-1EDB-4A9B-8A81-1FDF3A3E542B.jpeg
    374.4 KB · Views: 7

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd suggest doing a search here on 3" lifts. This topic has been discussed heavily over the years. Long story short...

Any 2-3" suspension lift you can buy for these trucks is going to be aftermarket torsion keys and blocks. (AKA overpriced garbage) You'll be paying good money to end up with a terrible ride and a front end that eats parts. You can accomplish the same thing with a cheap set of blocks and cranking the factory keys. The factory keys will crank to the droop stops, you won't gain anything with aftermarket "lift" keys.

If you want a suspension lift on one of these trucks you'd be much better off going with a 4" kit or taller that comes with a differential drop bracket for the front to correct the CV axle angles.

SentandBent4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you for the advice. Hey, the higher the better! Any advice on shocks? I’ve heard bad things about rough country.

SentandBent4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s the difference between the two? Do you recommend one over the other? My truck is single cab, 8ft bed, if that helps any. Lighter than other trucks with ext cabs.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s the difference between the two? Do you recommend one over the other? My truck is single cab, 8ft bed, if that helps any. Lighter than other trucks with ext cabs.
My research showed them to be similar, but the 6100 (silver) being more on the heavy duty side and the 5100 (yellow/blue) being more on the comfortable side. I’ve got 6100 on my 4x4 leveled Tahoe and I’ll put 5100 on my lowered 2wd Silverado. I do t think you could go wrong either way. Just depends on budget. Bilstein is a quality brand and their shocks are rebuildable. But you’ll also pay for that quality and rebuild-ability.

Call these guys when you’re ready, real knowledgeable, tell them what you’re looking to get out of your truck and they’ll point you in the right direction

SentandBent4x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, thanks! That’s super helpful. I’ll have to wait a little to save a little more for a 4inch lift and the more expensive shocks, but I’d rather wait and get better quality than go cheap and have to re-do it.