1991 Z28 High School Time Capsule +

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
I graduated from HS in '86 and a girl that I graduated with got a brand new IROC-Z our senior year from her parents. At the time, I really thought that was a fast car (and it was). I've been looking at them lately and wishing. I'm more partial to the later '80s with a little more HP. Maybe when my son graduates college soon FINALLY I can seriously look for one to purchase. I look forward to your progress.

PS: I already have have my dream truck from my 20s ('94 ECSB Z71) and won't be getting rid of it AT ALL.

Last edited:

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I graduated from HS in '86 and I girl that I graduated with got a brand new IROC-Z our senior year from her parents. At the time, I really thought that was a fast car (and it was). I've been looking at them lately and wishing. I'm more partial to the later '80s with a little more HP. Maybe when my son graduates college soon FINALLY I can seriously look for one to purchase. I look forward to your progress.

PS: I already have have my dream truck from my 20s ('94 ECSB Z71) and won't be getting rid of it AT ALL.

If I had it to do all over again, I would have buit a 400ish cubic inch small block(with a TPIS Miniram, Holley Stealth Ram, or a FIRST TPI) to put in with the T56. SBC's just sound better than the LS power plant. However...when I grab another gear at 6700rpm and scratch 4th gear rubber, I kind of forget about the SBC grumblings, haha.

That's Sexy right there!

Thank you!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
98-02 Camaro brakes are a cheap upgrade for your car. I am putting a set on a 69 Nova now.

That's the plan right now, it allows me to still run the stock wheels also.

I think I'm going to pick up a set of C4 ZR1's to rock for awhile, however.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
If I had it to do all over again, I would have buit a 400ish cubic inch small block(with a TPIS Miniram, Holley Stealth Ram, or a FIRST TPI) to put in with the T56. SBC's just sound better than the LS power plant. However...when I grab another gear at 6700rpm and scratch 4th gear rubber, I kind of forget about the SBC grumblings, haha.

Thank you!

I've also been eyeing C4 Vette's as well. A HS friend's dad owned our local Chevy dealership and I drove an '84 Vette brand new when it was released. He should have never let two 16 year olds take a new Vette out of the show room . . . Lol. I like the later C4s with the LT1 and 300HP. That's not much HP in today's standard, but still enough in the light body of a C4. Of course, the ZR1 C4 and the '96 C4 w/ LT4 are an option as well. Soooo many memories and too many things on my wish list. :p

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I've also been eyeing C4 Vette's as well. A HS friend's dad owned our local Chevy dealership and I drove an '84 Vette brand new when it was released. He should have never let two 16 year olds take a new Vette out of the show room . . . Lol. I like the later C4s with the LT1 and 300HP. That's not much HP in today's standard, but still enough in the light body of a C4. Of course, the ZR1 C4 and the '96 C4 w/ LT4 are an option as well. Soooo many memories and too many things on my wish list. :p

The ZR1 C4's were cool, very innovative with the LT5. Now...if we're going to talk LT4, put me in a 30th anniversary 1997 Camaro SS with the LT4, houndstooth interior, white with orange heritage stripes, t-tops, and white 17" ZR1/SS wheels!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Glued the headliner material down today.

It's still not a perfect match, but the black helps break it up a little. Better than it was for sure. This material is not foam backed so it does show all imperfections in the header board. Even with all the resin work, there were still a few places were the layers have pulled away. As stated still much better than it was, and will serve the purpose it needed. I'm very pleased with how straight the pattern ended up, this was one of my main worries with all the compound curves and not a straight edge on the board.

Marked the halfway points and worked to the front first.

You must be registered for see images attach

Relief cuts made to make the backside glue down easier.

Finished side, with all holes cut out.

Using the dome light cutout to show the pattern.