1991 Silverado Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
cool - that makes sense thanks!

Did you use a hoist to support the door or did you have a helper to move the doors?

Also your dash swap made a big difference looking great nice job

I had a helper. Thanks yeah the dash made a huge improvement can’t wait to get the new carpet and other bits in once the truck is done at the painters

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made some good progress today interior is completely stripped minus the dash. The doors are completely stripped down. Front clip is off. Rear windows are removed the sliding one is getting replaced with a solid tinted one. Hopefully I can start the rust repair on the cab this weekend going to have to make a junkyard run Saturday to pick up a replacement drivers fender as I found rust behind the molding. Also have the painter coming by this weekend so trying to have some parts ready for him to take to start working on. The doors will be coming off for paint once I get the cab corners and rockers fixed.

You must be registered for see images attach

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you taking the paint back to the original factory dark blue? That would look great with two tone if you did the bottom in silver where the chrome stickers were previously

Yes it will be the dark blue originally the truck was two tone with a light blue center stripe.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had to get the replacement bed down off the wall in the garage so moved the truck outside and got some better pictures

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started work on the drivers side cab corner today. Got the corner cut off, inner structure removed got everything cleaned up and new inner structure in and also got the rocker panel cut out and replaced with a new section. Tomorrow i will get the new cab corner cut and burned in. Pretty happy with the progress. I’m no body man by any means but I think my work looks nice.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started test fitting the new cab corner pretty happy with the fit after doing some extra cuts on it. Time to weld it in for good