1991 Silverado Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went and picked up a bed Thursday evening after work and wound up getting a whole bunch of goodies. The bed has no rust has a couple small dents that will need to be repaired but also got a perfect tailgate, blue cup holder, blue door panels, the dash cluster trim, and tailgate that came off the brown bed for 250 bucks.

You must be registered for see images attach

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the bed off the trailer this afternoon because I need my trailer this weekend so I put the bed on some dollies and slid it in the corner for the moment. Going to talk to my neighbor that does paint and body work and see if he would possibly be interested in painting the truck.

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Started taking the blue truck apart, trailer hitch is off and the bed is off. Will probably start work on cab corners and rockers this weekend. Also picked up this red 95 z71 for 800 bucks last week.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
and repaired the wallered put upper hinge pin holes from where PO let the door sag for to long

Can you elaborate on what you repaired here? It sounds like you are talking about the holes on the permanent hinge piece that’s welded to the body side but I can’t decipher how you repaired wallered out steel, can you help me understand the fix?

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on what you repaired here? It sounds like you are talking about the holes on the permanent hinge piece that’s welded to the body side but I can’t decipher how you repaired wallered out steel, can you help me understand the fix?

I used a washer and welded it to the permanent hinge because the holes on the permanent hinge had wallered out from the door sagging for so long. Basically the washer is now the new guide hole for the pin

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
I used a washer and welded it to the permanent hinge because the holes on the permanent hinge had wallered out from the door sagging for so long. Basically the washer is now the new guide hole for the pin

cool - that makes sense thanks!

Did you use a hoist to support the door or did you have a helper to move the doors?

Also your dash swap made a big difference looking great nice job