1991 gmc 2500 4+4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dandan111

Reaction score
Just closing the deal on a 1991. I haven’t messed with a old vehicle in a long time.
I hope I’m not getting in over my head. I found a old truck local. It’s no peach. I was
Talking myself out of it at first. The bad I saw right off was cab corners and rockers. I
Made my way to the bed side looking at rust above the flair on the passenger side( no surprise).
The kids dad saved the deal. Super nice guy that owns a shop. They lowered the price
And scheduled some of the major rust problems to be fixed at a reasonable price.
The exhaust is rotted and what not but I’ll live with that for now. It seems to run and drives
pretty well. A little loose but not bad for 180,000 miles. I drove it like a truck and hope
the engine/trans last if not abused. How many miles do you guys see original trucks go?
The engine bay looks un kept but original. It looks like it’s been around a farm.
I’ll post a few pictures next week after I get it home and start cleaning it out.
I’ll be reading about your trucks and get ideas about fixing things.
Also~ it’s the light blue. I always sort of liked the color. 8 lug 3/4 ton

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you drive it decently and don't beat on it, another hundred would not be out of the question. It largely depends on how well it has been maintained until now. If you want a truck and are not into hot rodding it likely will last a while. I always suggest that all systems be brought up to speed. Change all fluids, check brakes, front end, etc and make sure nothing is about to fail. Then fix cosmetics as you can afford it. I think you will end up with a pretty nice truck that will serve you well. Welcome to the forum. The answers are all here if you can find them!

Dandan111

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.
The guys told me some front end stuff was rotted/ broken. They replaced what it needed to make it safe. I know they changed oil and blower motor. Other than that it looks like it just came out of the field.
It does sit good. Sort of lunged a little shifting. Didn’t slip though. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a old one. I’ve bought new for last 30 years. Sort of going backwards now… should be fun. My girl might drive it a few blocks to school ,just turned 15. (Surprise) lol.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.
The guys told me some front end stuff was rotted/ broken. They replaced what it needed to make it safe. I know they changed oil and blower motor. Other than that it looks like it just came out of the field.
It does sit good. Sort of lunged a little shifting. Didn’t slip though. It’s been a long time since I’ve had a old one. I’ve bought new for last 30 years. Sort of going backwards now… should be fun. My girl might drive it a few blocks to school ,just turned 15. (Surprise) lol.
Time for some pictures. Lets see what it looks like!

rjteeter

Reaction score
Looks nice. I have a 1990 K2500. I replaced almost everything maintenance wise (tank, lines, pump, brake lines, calipers, shoes, drums, rotors, master cylinder, fluids, engine tune up, exhaust, tires, bushings, rebuilt front end (all steering components), diff cover and gasket, etc, etc). It has over 220k miles on it. It's a rust belt truck and still looks abnormally reasonable for the mileage. but I beat it and have ran 33x13" tires and itt has held up well.