1991 Cheyenne restomod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Good job, and I admire your perseverance! It is really a labor of love. I think I would have lost interest in a project spanning that long a period of time. This will be the first winter since I've owned my truck, that it will not be driven over the winter. I have the front suspension torn apart, and between saving money for new parts, and finding time to work on it, I don't expect it will be back on the road until next spring. And it needs more work than just the front suspension, so it will always be a work in progress.
I think most of our trucks (and other vehicles) are works in progress, aren't they? Always something needing doing....

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think most of our trucks (and other vehicles) are works in progress, aren't they? Always something needing doing....
I had a lady and her husband admiring my truck, at a car show a while back. She ask me, how long did it take me to get it in the shape it's in now. I said, well, I bought the truck in 2002, used with 85,000 miles. I've been fooling with it since then, but really got serious about fixing it up, in 2009, when I took it from my wife, and bought her something else. She said, when did you finish it?, I said, it we'll never be finished. There is always something else to do on it, or something else to add to it, to make it better, faster, or look better. It is an on going process. Same is true, for everyone at any car show, and also for anyone who has any love for what the drive.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The fact that you built it in Sweden is amazing. It would look right at home in any of the shows over here.
Well we like american cars and trucks over here very much but eaven a simple thing as a non metric bolt is ridiculus expensive. All of my inspiration comes from you guys over there :)
If I've been restomodding a volvo I probably could've done 3 cars by now ;)

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good job, and I admire your perseverance! It is really a labor of love. I think I would have lost interest in a project spanning that long a period of time. This will be the first winter since I've owned my truck, that it will not be driven over the winter. I have the front suspension torn apart, and between saving money for new parts, and finding time to work on it, I don't expect it will be back on the road until next spring. And it needs more work than just the front suspension, so it will always be a work in progress.
To be honest it feels good to take a break from the truck. Just walking by it and seeing all the small things that's left makes me sick of it right now.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had it up on a lift to mesaure the exhaust and just be able to look at the underside standing straigt
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we like american cars and trucks over here very much but eaven a simple thing as a non metric bolt is ridiculus expensive. All of my inspiration comes from you guys over there :)
If I've been restomodding a volvo I probably could've done 3 cars by now ;)
And vice versa. I can't imagine how much time and money I'd spend restomodding a Volvo 850 T5R over here.