1991 Chevy C1500 RCSB Version: I Have A Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked this pile of a truck up the other day for $1200 to keep my other 7 trucks company. 1991 Chevy C1500 RCSB, 350, 700R4. Higher miles and rough around the edges, but has a clean title and isn’t rusted out. I’m just stupid enough to drop several thousand bucks on this nearly 300,000 mile truck and say that it’s a great idea. It definitely isn’t pretty, and I can’t say that it’s a burnout machine because we all know a TBI 350 isn’t worth **** in the power department, so we’re just going to say that this build is some deranged version of fun! :lol:

You must be registered for see images attach

So no screwing around, I dove right in! Cleaned out the local Napa, and bought a 1.25” front brake conversion (calipers, rotors, pads, hoses, bearings, seals), oil change kit, fuel and air filters, new distributor, Iridium plugs, spark plug wires, TBI rebuild kit, thermostat, and new oil pressure sensor and both coolant temp sensors. Also ordered a McGaughy’s 2/4 drop kit with rear shock extensions, and a Summit catback dual exhaust kit, although I’ll probably swap out the muffler for a Magnaflow. Not ordered but planned on are American Racing Torq Thrust D’s in 15x10 with 3.75” BS/+44 Offset, and Cooper Cobra 275/60R15’s. Yes, all four corners! ;)

Engine needs a headgasket but runs okay. Depending on if the block is setup for a roller cam or not, it may or may not get pulled. If it is, it’ll get a full roller cam setup, block decked, honed, flattops, MLS gaskets, and mild head work. If not, a cheap rebuilder gasket kit and run it ‘til I scatter the rods on the Highway.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Going to be busy on this one for sure.

Bought a Y-pipe and 2 Dynomax Race Bullets to replace the Summit Turbo Muffler in the exhaust kit.

Zseventy-one

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try to load up a sound clip if you can!
I'm running shorty jba headers/y-pipe -3 inch single FM 40 series out the side.
Sounds good when you Rev it up but has a choppy/lugging kind of sound when driving.
Was thinking of maybe splitting up the single and running 2 x(2.5 inch) mufflers?
That summit catalog is mighty dangerous! :)

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try to load up a sound clip if you can!
I'm running shorty jba headers/y-pipe -3 inch single FM 40 series out the side.
Sounds good when you Rev it up but has a choppy/lugging kind of sound when driving.
Was thinking of maybe splitting up the single and running 2 x(2.5 inch) mufflers?
That summit catalog is mighty dangerous! :)
If you think a Summit catalog is dangerous, get a Harley catalog. That's down-right lethal.