1991 c1500 LS swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUTLAW68

Reaction score
New member..... I just wanted to know if anyone had a full build list of everything I would need in order to swap a 5.3/4l60e into my 1991 RCSB 5.7/700r4, I plan on building it later but for now I'm happy with it just running

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New member..... I just wanted to know if anyone had a full build list of everything I would need in order to swap a 5.3/4l60e into my 1991 RCSB 5.7/700r4, I plan on building it later but for now I'm happy with it just running

I don't have a build list but on my 88 I used stock mounts with set back plates for engine drilled new holes and set trans member back with Stock mount. And Stock driveshaft. Used the ls truck manifolds. Also you'l have to buy the hummer oil pan if not ls truck pan hangs below crossmember.
I also have all stock gauges working including tach, cruise, and all idiot lights except the battery light haven' dug into that since volt gauge works

Have any questions just ask I'll try to help as much as possible

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hummer pan is shallower than truck pan? I need to change mine one day

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, frost tune, 5spd, 4/6

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm working on a 5.3/4L80E swap in a 91 right now. Im runnin a stock truck pan and it does hang below the K-member a little. But I'm not lowered and the engine is spaced up 1/2" to help clearance.

Dirty Dingo mounts work awesome. I think they have 3" of adjustment forward and aft.

I was able to put a KBRacing front mount turbo kit from a 2002 Tahoe on the 5.3 and everything fit perfect.

4L80E and moving the engine to the rear most the way for the turbo crossover pipe to clear the frame left me with not being able to use the driveshaft from the 700R4 that was in there.

Its really a simple swap. But I'm going the long way around I think. :(

Dirty Dingo adapter mounts are the only special thing you need. Pretty sure the Trans crossmember should line up in the factory holes since the 700 and 60E have the same mount position.

Factory 5.3 truck cooling hoses work with your 5.7 radiator. Maybe do away with the factory trans cooler in the radiator and run an external cooler.

Ill try and think what else you might need.

Richard Denny

Reaction score

What lowering kit you got on there it looks good

Ls swap c1500

Reaction score
Im a new member here. I have read alot of posts but haven't found what im looking for yet. I need wiring help. I have a 93 rclb 2wd. Im putting a 6.0 with 4l60e i want to run stock 6.0 harness. Fuse box. And computer. Also wanting to use the stock 93 guages which im to the understanding i have to run both harnesses????. I have went over wiring diagrams and nothing seems to make sense. Any help, pics, detailed info. Is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to any help i can receive.

brianmcb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im a new member here. I have read alot of posts but haven't found what im looking for yet. I need wiring help. I have a 93 rclb 2wd. Im putting a 6.0 with 4l60e i want to run stock 6.0 harness. Fuse box. And computer. Also wanting to use the stock 93 guages which im to the understanding i have to run both harnesses????. I have went over wiring diagrams and nothing seems to make sense. Any help, pics, detailed info. Is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance to any help i can receive.
If you run your original oil pressure sensor with a metric adapter, then really you can gut your original harness. Tach signal comes from the LS pcm, and so does the speed signal. Gutted the factory computer in my 95 and everything works
You must be registered for see images attach

95 rcsb, L33 5.3, hot cam, hp tuners, 4/6 drop