1990 Stereo buttons not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Is there any fix to the stereo buttons? My 1990 stereo head unit had some buttons that work, theres that don't and some that decide to work randomly. I tried spraying with electrical cleaner when not powered a few times with no real noticeable improvement. About to take it out and try removing face to clean but I would be going in blind.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You may have to remove the head unit to get behind the buttons. Also get a really good contact cleaner (DeOxit is the one radio restorers use) . If it is an unrestored 1990 unit you are very lucky that it works at all. Do all the speakers work? That would be a real surprise.

Reaction score
You may have to remove the head unit to get behind the buttons. Also get a really good contact cleaner (DeOxit is the one radio restorers use) . If it is an unrestored 1990 unit you are very lucky that it works at all. Do all the speakers work? That would be a real surprise.

Thanks will look for DeOxit. Before I got the balance and Fade stuck due to button function the speakers were all working front and back. The cassette unit I have not tried but have a tape coming in. The EQ LCD has only lit up on longer drives a couple of times.