1990 k1500 question … does this truck have a 1-2 3-4 accumulator..? I get a delayed shift going into 2nd gear when driving slow or easy..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Charlesn419

Reaction score
Not sure if my truck has an accumulator.. after trying to look this up I’m seeing one for 93 and up but I’m not getting solid answers for my 1990. I’m looking to pull the pan and do the swap or upgraded accumulator or pinless piston.. what’s my truck have and why is this so hard to figure out.. again it’s a 1990 k1500 with 4x4 with a 5.7 350

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't your 90 have a 700R4 (4L60, no E)? Do you have the TV cable on the Throttle Body linkage? In my experience, when my 700R4 started a delayed 1 - 2 shift, it was about time to rebuild it. Look at your pressures at the test port on the left side up towards the front. There's an 1/8" pipe plug there. A wild guess - your TV spool is stuck wide open.

Charlesn419

Reaction score
Doesn't your 90 have a 700R4 (4L60, no E)? Do you have the TV cable on the Throttle Body linkage? In my experience, when my 700R4 started a delayed 1 - 2 shift, it was about time to rebuild it. Look at your pressures at the test port on the left side up towards the front. There's an 1/8" pipe plug there. A wild guess - your TV spool is stuck wide open.
Left side up towards the front of the trans?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your truck should have MULTIPLE accumulators.

GM added more accumulators to the '700 in...86? '87? Somewhere around there. They got an "auxillary valve body" behind the regular valve body, the whole point was to smooth the shifts.

Have you checked the governor for sticky weights or mechanism? I'd pull that FIRST, right after verifying that the fluid level is correct.

How old is the trans filter/fluid?