1990 GMC Wiper Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve got a 1990 GMC with the old style wiper motor. It doesn’t work properly, I’ll turn it to just go one swipe and it keeps going, it’ll stop in the middle of the windshield, I try to use the fluid but won’t work. Idk it’s messed up. I was wondering if I could put the newer style that has the circuit board or do I have to put the same one in? Also where’s a good place to get one, I’ve looked around and mostly coming up with refurbished. Thanks for the help!

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same problem when I first bought my 89. I couldn't find the old style anywhere so I bought the new style at auto zone, bolts right up and your old plug will plug right into the new style motor.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had the same problem when I first bought my 89. I couldn't find the old style anywhere so I bought the new style at auto zone, bolts right up and your old plug will plug right into the new style motor.

Thanks man, that’s what I was wondering. It’ll also be a lot easier to change in the future! So the plugs will work!?

geeeee89

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man, that’s what I was wondering. It’ll also be a lot easier to change in the future! So the plugs will work!?

Yea the plugs are identical. I have a 97 model also so I compared them and it had the exact same plug as the 89, so I went to Auto zone and just asked for a wiper motor from a 97.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks, got it done and works great now. Finally! Had to do it twice lol the passenger one was a little cockeyed!

Reaction score
Great to know, I just bought a 90 K3500 and previous owner said he had to hit the motor with a hammer sometimes to get it to turn off

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great to know, I just bought a 90 K3500 and previous owner said he had to hit the motor with a hammer sometimes to get it to turn off

Yeah I bought mine off Amazon for $30 some dollars, decent reviews.