1990 GMC Sierra Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overtime

Reaction score
I picked up this truck as a project for $800. A young person owned it before me and had a lot of the typical mods that are all done through your local auto parts store. The motor was shot when I got it and needed a swap. I put one of my spares in it to get all the 27 year-old truck problems worked out.

So far I have...

-Replaced ECT sensor
-Added a small tach
-Replaced brake lines
-Swapped in one of my test engines
-Put in a small cam
-2 275/60R15 MT Sportsman S/T's
-New stereo
-Cleaned years of filth from interior

Overtime

Reaction score
Swapped out dash speakers and added small sub yesterday. Removed AC compresor and removed a pile of crap from under the hood that GM thought was once necessary.

Overtime

Reaction score
Got my Holley Super Sniper installed and removed a ton of old wiring. I like this kit pretty well.

Overtime

Reaction score
Installed phaseable rotor and Sniper is now on point with ignition timing duties. I love this kit!

Now that I'm getting used to tuning with it, I think it's about time for the 388 to go in.

Overtime

Reaction score
388 hopefully going in this coming weekend along with TH350 and 3500 nitrous converter. 700r4 will not last much longer so I will use my TH350 until I can afford a 4L80 swap.

Purchased Hooker Super Comps instead of the Maximizer's. 2" primaries scare me.

To-do list for next weekend:
- motor swap
- trans swap
- install new in-tank Holley fuel pump
- install B&M Truck Megashifter
- install exhaust
- tune

Overtime

Reaction score
Got my 388 in and Super Comp's installed. Still have to finish a lot. That engine fought me every step almost. My TH350 is actually a TH400, so gonna have a little more work there to do. Hopefully I can get another day off pretty soon to finish it up.

Overtime

Reaction score
Still haven't finished everything yet. Need to relocate crossmember and install th400 yoke. Finish wiring, install rest of exhaust, rig up power steering lines and some other miscellaneous stuff.

Hope to have some YouTube vids up soon for everyone.