1990 c3500 7.4 headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jim123456

Reaction score
hi guys

im looking for a set of long sweep headers for my 2wd 1990 c3500 7.4tbi i have tried summit and the ones they suggest hit the lower arm mounts anybody know any that bolt up with no clearance issues im making a custom exhaust and don't have to worry about emissions I'm in the Uk so need to try and get it right as it gets expensive getting parts over.

TIA

Last edited:

hotrodgss1

Reaction score
If you can still find them...

Hooker 2461 have 1 3/4" primaries with a 3" collector
Hooker 2847 have 2" primaries with a 3 1/2" collector

I've been looking for a set 2847s for the last few months and they are nowhere to be found!

Last edited:

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck. These are a pain to find. Your best bet is to find some used ones, but since you're in the UK shipping will be hard. Shoot me a pm, I have family in the UK and can help.
@Pinger and @Dariusz Salomon may have some input as well.
Alas, Pinger's input isn't very encouraging. I've looked at shorties for my 350 on Summit but shipping is $1000! Real Steel in the UK sell headers but I've never been convinced they are a straight fitment. OP is doubtless aware of Real Steel and US Automotive already. My guess he will have to buy new - GMT400s are thin on the ground in the UK. Finding one being broken with the pipes of choice will be as easy as shoving hot butter up a wildcat's arse with a red hot poker.

hotrodgss1

Reaction score
Forgot to include a third set in my earlier post…

Hooker 2461 have 1 3/4" primaries with a 3" collector

Hooker 2849 have 1 7/8” primaries with a 3" collector

Hooker 2847 have 2" primaries with a 3 1/2" collector

FYI… After months of searching, I FINALLY found a brand new set of Hooker 2847s on Facebook Marketplace for only $450!!!

Looks like persistence and luck finally worked in my favor!

If anyone is interested in my slightly used set of 2461s, let me know.

Last edited: