1990 C1500 ABS (RWAL) removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up and all the input in this thread. The brakes on my truck were really spongy. I had to pump the peddle once to get good feel from them. Did this mod tonight and it took about 45 minutes, including gravity bleeding the rear brakes. Can't wait to check the feel now, but I have to finish putting the bed back on it to wrap up the c-notch install, first. I also rebuilt the rear brakes as part of this project.

Note that I didn't need the adapter fitting on my 91 C1500 Stepside, Standard cab, 2wd.

Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

During:

After:

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the great write up and all the input in this thread. The brakes on my truck were really spongy. I had to pump the peddle once to get good feel from them. Did this mod tonight and it took about 45 minutes, including gravity bleeding the rear brakes. Can't wait to check the feel now, but I have to finish putting the bed back on it to wrap up the c-notch install, first. I also rebuilt the rear brakes as part of this project.

Note that I didn't need the adapter fitting on my 91 C1500 Stepside, Standard cab, 2wd.

Update: Finally drove the truck with this mod done and the brakes have way better feel and response. No longer need to pump the pedal once, now. Note that I have also replaced the front calipers, pads, and hoses. The rear got new shoes, wheel cylinders, and a brake hose, too. Since I had to bleed the brakes anyway, it was a good time to do this to it.