1990 C1500 ABS (RWAL) removal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Are these all the sames steps if youd do it to a 98? anything different?
From what I see you'll need a prop valve from an older non abs truck since our abs box has the prop valve attached to it and the front lines will need to have a t connection added in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tyler/T-Unit

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody have updated pictures of this from the original post? I want to make sure i did it correct. Stupid photobucket messed up all fprums throughout the interweb

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
these are the images i saved:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bacon612

Reaction score
Hi guys. Awesome thread. Ill be doing this mod to my 99 Denali in a few weeks. Its my understanding that I need the proportioning valve from an 88-94 truck which i think I found is gm pn 15557344. Its discontinued but if i cant track one down at a wrecker, i can order one. Besides this, can someone recommend a 'T' that i'd use for the front lines? Ive never done a brake mod like this before and im unsure where I can get a 'T' that will work with my lines. Thanks

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Hi guys. Awesome thread. Ill be doing this mod to my 99 Denali in a few weeks. Its my understanding that I need the proportioning valve from an 88-94 truck which i think I found is gm pn 15557344. Its discontinued but if i cant track one down at a wrecker, i can order one. Besides this, can someone recommend a 'T' that i'd use for the front lines? Ive never done a brake mod like this before and im unsure where I can get a 'T' that will work with my lines. Thanks
I had to go to a racing parts shop. I brought the z shaped line with me to match fittings for the output lines. I was able to get a two female and single male T fitting that allowed me to put my residual pressure valve right onto the T and have the supply line enter the valve.

For the rear line you'll need adapters to get the residual pressure valve to work with the bigger line. At least I did.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

MikeH

Reaction score
Going to be deleting my ABS on my 97 k2500 suburban. I understand the getting of the older proportioning valve. But what do I connect that pressure wire to so my brake light doesn't come on?

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Going to be deleting my ABS on my 97 k2500 suburban. I understand the getting of the older proportioning valve. But what do I connect that pressure wire to so my brake light doesn't come on?

The "pressure wire" is the wire that connects to the proportioning valve. For that valve senses when equal pressure is lost.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Pull the bulb....I yanked most of my warning lights.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit