1989 gmt400 Wrangler Edition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Chevrolet Wrangler was a Canadian-only trim that was offered because AMC/Jeep did not own the naming rights in Canada.

Here is some helpful information, based on the 1987 model year, but generally applies here.
This is what was included in the various Wrangler packages (labeled "A, B, C, and D") offered for 1987 on R/V pickups:

Wrangler package "A" (offered on 10/1500/20/2500 fleetside pickups) included the following with a $250 cdn discount):

*Scottsdale/High Sierra interior trim
*Wrangler nameplates on the front fenders and instrument panel
*Wrangler hood ornament (an N.O.S. example sold on ebay recently)
*Bright wheel opening moldings
*Color-keyed headliner (a Wrangler-exclusive item, normally seen only on Silverado/Sierra Classic models elsewhere)
*choice of two paint treatments. Standard treatment included monotone paint with a Wrangler exclusive color (colour?)coordinated 5-stripe upper body side decal. This decal ran the length of the vehicle, and included a stylized "W" at its termination point on the rear of the bed. Or, for additional charge, a very distinctive Wrangler-exclusive two-tone paint treatment, could be purchased.

Wrangler Package "B" included the following additions or substitutions to those features in Package "A" above, with a $575 discount:

*Silverado/Sierra Classic trim (offering a choice of std. carpeting, or a Wrangler-exclusive combination of this trim with a rubber floor mat. Also, the usual Silverado/ Sierra Classic lower bodyside moldings were deleted to accomodate either of the Wrangler-unique decal/paint treatments described above).
*Sliding rear window
*Ralley wheels for 10/1500's; full wheel covers for 20/2500's
*Stainless steel below-eyeline mirrors
*Wrangler-exclusive leather wrapped steering wheel

Wrangler Package "C" was offered only in combination with either "A" or "B" for C10/C1500 pickups and offered the following with a $600 discount:

*equipment necessary for maximum GVWR of 6,100 lbs, including 4 speed manual transmission with or without overdrive OR 3 speed or 4 speed overdrive automatic transmission, heavy duty power brakes, extra-capacity rear springs, P235/75R15 radial tires, heavy duty shock absorbers, heavy duty battery, and front stabilizer bar.

Wrangler Package "D" was offered in only in combination with either packages "A" or "B", and could also be ordered with or without package "C". It was available on 10/1500/20/2500 series models, and offered the following for a $750 discount:

*Air conditioning
*Tinted glass
*AM/FM stereo radio with opportunity to upgrade
*Tilt steering wheel
*Interval windshield wipers
*Electric clock
*Electronic speed control (except when 4 speed manual overdrive transmission was specified)

Notice the "W" hood ornament on this 1985 Canadian truck...
You must be registered for see images attach

It's hard to see here, but the body-side emblem is Wrangler with a large "W"...

Still looking for GMT400 Wrangler photos.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Speaking of Canadian only trim, you guys had the Spirit of '76 trim available on 1976 Chevy/GMC trucks. Canada had the Chevy and GMC Olympic Editions, also in 1976...

Notice the Olympic Rings topped by a (maple leaf - this is wrong. see my correction in a later post) in the red stripe on the box...

Here's the GMC version, with the logo in the red stripe at the end of the box...

Sorry they're not GMT400 models, but I figured you'd be interested.

Last edited:

ObsWrangler

Reaction score
Speaking of Canadian only trim, you guys had the Spirit of '76 trim available on 1976 Chevy/GMC trucks. Canada had the Chevy and GMC Olympic Editions, also in 1976...

Notice the Olympic Rings topped by a Maple Leaf in the red stripe on the box...

Here's the GMC version, with the logo in the red stripe at the end of the box...

Sorry they're not GMT400 models, but I figured you'd be interested.
So the US never had the wrangler squarebody then? I did not know that! I have built a few wrangler squares too

Attachments

• AF5A51C9-9F76-491F-B6F5-2725125D97CC.jpeg
    AF5A51C9-9F76-491F-B6F5-2725125D97CC.jpeg
    499.9 KB · Views: 7

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Wow, very cool! Thanks for sharing this information.
I knew about the Olympic Edition and the Spirit of'76 Edition because Auto World did those trucks as one release of their square body trucks diecast last year. I was able to get two of each, sold one set and kept the other one. Pretty hard to find, and probably the closest I'll get to the real trucks.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
CORRECTION TO MY EARLIER POST: In my post about the 1976 Olympic trucks, I incorrectly stated that the Olympic Rings logo was topped with a maple leaf, due to the fact that the summer olympics were held in Montreal in 1976. However, I looked up the logo. It's actually the Olympic Rings topped by a stylized 'M' for Montreal.

Last edited:

Queso Del Rio

Reaction score
..I've seen Texas and Commiefornia editions... Guess the Arizona edition would come with peeling paint along with faded and cracked interior stuffs? LoL
Hey, I resemble that remark! I have a '89 Half-Sucked Atomic Fireball Texas Border Edition! It's the only truck I've ever bought brand new.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Hey, I resemble that remark! I have a '89 Half-Sucked Atomic Fireball Texas Border Edition! It's the only truck I've ever bought brand new.
You bought that new? Love the look of it, dig the fade and the steelies as well as it being a regular cab short box. You buy it off the lot or custom order it??