1989 Chevy Standard Cab Shortbox Stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
in 2013 our daughter was born so of course i had to do a photo shot with her in the truck....
You must be registered for see images attach

then in 2015 our son was born....

the only kicker with having 2 kiddos is that my truck is a 2-seater... so taking both the kids anywhere is a no go. as a result i bought a 2014 silverado and have done a TON of mods to it and i had to pretty much park my '89 (there's no way i can sell it)

i recently got insurance on my '89 and plan on having it back on the road hopefully in about a week. my kids are soooooo excited to go for a drive in it becuz they get to sit in the FRONT SEAT... and that's a huge deal when you are 8 and 6! my son has already called shot gun on the first ride - so that's going to be fun - can't wait

i still have plans for more mods to the '89 so i'll keep updating this thread

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice.

did you have the arm rests fixed or new ones? In one pic the armrest pad is bowed out at the seam and the other is back flush. Did you just glue it back?

damn dude….that’s one serious kid. you need a meme bubble GIVE ME THE KEYS DAD.

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks!

for the arm rests - the drivers side was in rough shape and somewhere i found a new one (but i can't remember where i bought it from). i installed it when i redid my interior. i think i found another one when i was at the wreckers (it might be burgundy) - it's in a box somewhere. i figured i'd grab it as backup if i need to replace it again.

my daughter's pic - ha! i know! that one cracked us all up. my wife was laying down under her, holding her up so she could grab the wheel. it's hard to believe she's now 8!! wow!

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This was a good read. One of the few that I don’t skim over. That sucks about that wreck. Personally, I liked the rims on it back in 97! I like what you’ve done with your truck and especially the interior. Keep it up and send us more pictures!