1989 C2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alvaro Rosas

Reaction score
I HAVE REPLACED THE FOLLOWING THINGS ON MY TRUCK AND IT DOES NOT STAY ON.

PLEASE HELP,

AIR SOLENOID
PLUGS
WIRES
DISTRIBUTOR
CAP
ROTOR
IGNITION COIL
FUEL PUMP
FUEL PUMP FILTER
FUEL FILTER

ALL I HAVE LEFT IS THE ENGINE. LOL

ANYONE ELSE HAVE THE ISSUE.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
I'm not trying to sound rude, but I don't have a clue what vehicle you are talking about. Providing more info would beneficial to anyone willing to help you.....starting with the make, model, the year, engine, transmission, how many miles, does it shut off as soon as it starts, or after you have been driving? Is the check engine light on? Also turn off your caps lock.

Alvaro Rosas

Reaction score
i realized that i did not say what truck i was talking about.

i have a 1989 Chevy Silverado single cab long bed C-2500 5.7 350. 4 speed transmission with 4.11 gears. miles on the truck is 215k but only 40k on the rebuilt engine.

the truck turns on normal, but after 30 seconds of idle it cuts off as if i had shut off the ignition.

i have replaced all of the above and now i changed also, fuel pump relay and fuel pump fuse.

TS888

Reaction score
Do you have a volt meter, like a digital VOM? Or a Power Probe? I would recommend some electrical diagnosis. When the truck dies, do not touch the ignition, leave it on. Then try to back probe the connector at the coil (the one from the wiring harness, not the one from the distributor). If you do not have 12v, then I would suspect the ignition switch may be bad.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:welcome: