1989 3500 4x4 454 in the UK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirtyninety

Reaction score
So here it is, I was sitting on the couch drink beer when I saw this come up on Facebook market place. Before I even looked up from my phone I'd blindy dropped a 2500$ deposit on a truck that was 4000 miles away from me in Nebraska. 6 months later I drove up to fetch it from the importing agent.
So you're going to tell me its got the wrong front wheels for a dually. This could be right because from what I can understand it was a red SRW truck that has had a camper body on the back, converted to DRW and painted white.

Good things: it runs drives and 4x4 seems to work.

Bad things: it needs new headlights, markers, the bed has been torched out behind the dually fenders, needs a new windscreen, both interior door handles are snapped off, no ignition barrel, no keys for the doors, cab corners need welding, the dashboard and clocks are out of another vehicle.

I'm going to be asking loads of stupid questions!
My plan is to remove the bed and build a welding/flat bed and run it as SRW. The roads round here are very tight. Hopefully I will get all the paper work sorted in the next few months and get a MOT test on it!

Heres the photos that I bought it from...

You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Where in the UK are you? I'm an ex-pat, have lived in the US for decades.
What year is the truck? The dash looks correct for an early (88/-90 maybe?) model. Looks well used, but certainly not something you see every day over there.
There are a couple of other members from the UK @Dariusz Salomon and @Pinger they can probably point you in the right direction for the parts you need.

Dirtyninety

Reaction score
Welcome. Where in the UK are you? I'm an ex-pat, have lived in the US for decades.
What year is the truck? The dash looks correct for an early (88/-90 maybe?) model. Looks well used, but certainly not something you see every day over there.
There are a couple of other members from the UK @Dariusz Salomon and @Pinger they can probably point you in the right direction for the parts you need.
It's an '89! I live in the middle rural Derbyshire.
The dash is for an automatic, but its a manual 4 speed truck, I think a sm465?

I'm in the middle of putting an engine back into my 1996 Nissan Patrol (my daily) hopefully by next weekend I'll bring the Chevy down into my workshop to start some conversion work

Dirtyninety

Reaction score
Here is another photo - It should be TBI right?

I'll take some better quality photos tomorrow, apparently Nebraska can only send low resolution images :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 153748126_4208891909122600_7439089159914406674_n.jpg
    153748126_4208891909122600_7439089159914406674_n.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 36

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looks like a good project, welcome to the forum! It's cool to see where-all these trucks are popping up. I agree with 618 though, the emissions stuff is going to need to be hooked up properly. That little elbow thing on the left side valve cover looks like a pcv valve( positive crankcase ventilation); that should have a hose going to the air cleaner. The breather element in the back of that same valve cover is definitely aftermarket, like the air cleaner.
Good thing is, you've come to the right place to find information on these great trucks!

Dirtyninety

Reaction score
My mum lives in Berkshire. I grew up in greater London.

Definitely been converted to a carb, not sure what that and the different trans means for your MOT.
If I didn't have a family farm here I'd be moving straight out to the states!

Fortunately I have some pretty friendly MOT testing friends, so as long as I make it look pretty good the emissions side of things shouldn't really matter!