1988 K1500 HVAC controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
.....wait til you have to troubleshoot/repair a GMT800's dual zone/automatic controls. I'm glad that so far the only thing wrong with mine is the recirc door is broken.

Richard

Been there, done that. It's difficult to figure out, I'll agree on that. However, once you know the problem (usually one of the electronic blend door actuators), it's not hard to replace.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been there, done that. It's difficult to figure out, I'll agree on that. However, once you know the problem (usually one of the electronic blend door actuators), it's not hard to replace.
Jump on over to PT net and see if you can help this dude.. I hope I never face this crap

Richard

toolman0744

Reaction score
Couple questions. Is the 1988 hvac controls different then every other year. Had a junkyard tell me that and that I would never find the controls. He said best bet is to junk the truck if it’s important to have hvac. Mine only works on ac and defrost. Try changing selection and it does nothing.usually the ac pumps through the defrost vent. And the controls don’t attempt to change to feet. It’s like the buttons is dead. One time after the battery was disconnected for a while when I reconnected battery they worked for a minute. Weird

Also noticed when it’s cold outside and have heat on. There is cold air coming in cab by passengers right foot. Poked my fingers in there and the blend door (I’m assuming) just flops.
Could be the blend door actuator