1988 Chevrolet K2500 78000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gearhead1

Reaction score
This truck was equipped with the following options (based on what I can still read of the RPO codes in the glove box): fleetside box, stainless mirrors, HD front springs, 4.10 axle ratio, limited slip rear axle, 85A Delcotron, 350 V-8, 700R4 transmission, 34 gal. fuel tank, tilt steering column, HD battery, HD radiator and trans. cooler., rear step bumper. It was originally owned by a Northern Michigan municipality water dept. It appears while they owned it, it had a Western snowplow mounted (similar to the photo) and something else on the rear (maybe a flatbed, utility bed, or salter). When my Father bought it perhaps 10 years ago, it had no bed or rear bumper. He bought a bed from a salvage yard which came from a better trim level truck, as seen by the bodyside mouldings. He also stripped out the interior because it was filthy and trashed then also from a salvage yard bought a floor carpet and split bench seat.
My Father never used the truck much after he finished working on it, so this Fall I brought it to my farm and mounted a Western Mark IIIA plow to it. Almost every hole in the frame, friewall, and dash was already there and lined up perfectly from the previous plow. I plan to keep it around for farm use, Winter and Summer. What makes the truck most unique is the few and basic options it has. The heater (cable control) has only floor or defrost positions, which I think was '88 & '89 only. As a result, the dash has the extra storage compartment where the cassette and A/C vents are in other trucks. Under the steering column it has pull/push vent handles, which I rearely see on other GMT400's. The AM only radio was added by me because I didn't want to deal with adding the multi-piece more deluxe radios. I salvaged the dash speakers and wiring from a neighbor's wrecked pickup, then bought an antenna lead and used fender mount.
My future plans for it include switching to the factory GM slotted steel rims when I buy new tires, reinstalling the front bumper, and installing a Reese receiver hitch and trailer wiring.

Attachments

• 100_1657 (2).JPG
    100_1657 (2).JPG
    370.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_1658.JPG
    100_1658.JPG
    301.4 KB · Views: 43

RedBurb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent example of a handsome truck that was king of the hill back in its day and hence your future restoration activities equal investments. Driving it on a routine basis is crucial to extending its life. Enjoy it and in the years ahead get ready for many folks asking, "Hey, you want to sell that truck?" I bought my '73 C10 Fleetside in '98 for $1,400, worked on it steadily while driving it, kept it original, and sold it last year to a young gun, who I knew would take care of it, for $18,000. I see your truck having this same potential.