1988-1998 Chevy & GMC Ground Strap Kits (NEW)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine were way way too small.....i had to cut them off and crimp new ones on

Sent from my iphone while im sitting on the toilet

That's what I was thinking, it would be nice if this kit was made correctly to begin with cause in the ad they claim it can be installed in 15mins, just want to un bolt it and bolt it on not deal with that bs

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dont think the connectors were changed, mine were small as well, for the frame mount and the back of the head. I tried drilling the opening larger for the bolt on the back of the head, but couldnt get it to work so i put it where the plug wire loom bolts to the head on the passenger rear/side of engine.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a picture of where these copper tinned braided lines connect to?
One goes right next to the ac drip hose on the passenger side and the other was said to go to the head.
But what bolt would hold it is the real question so that I may reconnect it immediately.

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Follow up pics
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSDu Bois

Reaction score
For Sale: Ground Strap kits for Chevy and GMC Trucks equipped with the TBI and Vortec engines. The kit includes 2 aviation quality copper tinned ground straps, that connect between 1) Firewall to Frame, 2) Passenger side engine Head to Firewall.

Ground Straps are an often overlooked part of the electrical system. Ground Straps work by providing a path of LOW resistance for your trucks grounding system. Without ground straps or with worn, corroded, rusted, broken, or missing OE ground straps, your ground circuit has to travel through connections where the body panels meet (EG. Fender to cab bolts, etc) which can cause a high resistance and therefore cause all kinds of different problems with your electrical system.

With a new set of ground straps installed on your truck, it will allow your vehicles grounds a low resistance path back to the negative battery terminal (Which is connected to the intake manifold on the engine), which can benefit your trucks electrical system greatly. Ground straps a lot of times never get installed again when doing motor swaps or the like, and they are something that should be on ALL trucks and in good condition for the best performance out of your trucks electrical system.

The kit comes with complete install directions, and 2 tinned aviation copper ground straps. Installation generally takes less then 15 minutes, and only a ratchet and socket or a wrench is required for the install. This is a great upgrade to replace your worn or missing ground straps in your engine bay! These are a LOT beefier and MUCH better quality then the OEM ground straps. If you have any questions, please feel free to post in this thread or shoot me a PM!

Price: $18.95 shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states!

You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks for looking and have a great day guys!

-Baron
aka "Mean Green"
Are the ground straps still available? I also need the small ground strap for the fuel filler neck. 1996 C1500 WT with 262 Vortec V6 and 4L60e tranny.
Thank you

BS Du Bois
Evansville, Indiana

BSDu Bois

Reaction score
He probably won't answer your question, he hasn't been seen on this forum since Oct/2014. You can click on his avatar and see when he was last here.
Thank you. It was a long shot and I did see the age of the last post/or question. It was worth a few seconds to post the inquiry.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm locking this thread since Mean Green is no longer active. If he ever comes back and wants to start selling these again it can be re-opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.